At Citizens, we invest in the humans who build the logic, ideas, and innovations that bring new technologies to life. Investments in AI, cloud computing, machine learning and automation provide our engineers the tools that enable us to remain competitive and win in today’s environment.
We empower the colleagues that power our tech. With impactful growth & upskilling opportunities and sought-after benefits, plus a diverse culture of people and perspectives, we help our colleagues achieve career goals. Because innovation can’t happen without the minds and hearts of our people. Technology is constantly evolving, and we believe you can too.
Comprehensive health care
Mental health and wellness resources
11 holidays and up to 27 PTO days
16 weeks of paid leave for full-time colleagues who give birth
Flexible work arrangements
Advance your career with training and certifications from our Tech Academy and badging program. You’re meant for great things, and we want to help you get there. Your career acceleration is our priority.
- Get technology certification on us, like AWS certification, and participate in our AWS Cloud Enablement series.
- Further your education with academies for Engineering, Solution Architecture Lightning, Infrastructure Engineering and College Kick Start.
- Join more than 1,000 colleagues who have completed our badging programs through 45+ offered courses across areas like Engineering, Architecture, Infrastructure, Security and Agile.
Start-ups don’t have dibs on exciting work. Explore new frontiers in technology, made possible by a push-the-envelope culture, 150+ years of company stability, and partnerships with fintechs and household name tech companies.
- Utilize cutting-edge technology powering Citizens solutions to customers, colleagues and communities through Blockchain, Chaos Engineering, Generative AI, ChatGPT, Metaverse, and Quantum.
- Partner with fintechs like Goalsetter, Fenergo, Ncino, Paypossible, IntraFi.
- Develop technology-led financing solutions for customers with companies like Apple, Vivint, ADT, and Microsoft.
- Work with colleagues nationwide in our Boston, Charlotte, Dallas, Nashville, New York metropolitan area, Phoenix and Providence locations.
Software Engineering & Dev Ops
Build technology solutions that engage and delight customers, utilizing cutting edge tools and frameworks. Help us define the future of banking technology.
Architecture & Strategy
Drive enterprise strategy and create blueprints to transform our business and technology, while managing standards and governing systems development across the company. Build and manage platforms and systems. And, work on cutting edge technology, building cloud-native, event-based, API-driven and microservices based systems.
Data Science & Engineering
Work with the latest technology, perform big data research and analyze data trends to influence business decisions.
Protect the systems, data and sensitive information of one of the nation's largest financial institutions and millions of customers using cutting-edge and innovative technology. You’ll work in a fast-paced agile environment to evolve our defensive systems and security measures to stay ahead of ever-changing and emerging threats.
Infrastructure & Cloud
Deliver reliable, secure and modern infrastructure services that support all critical business functions. You’ll work on the latest cloud, network and “Infrastructure as a Service” technologies.
Agile & Delivery
Adapt the way we work, change mindsets and behaviors so colleagues can collaborate more, dictate less, and deliver value faster and more often. Join our exciting transformation journey as we evolve and innovate to better serve our customers.
Build and evolve our digital experiences based on user feedback and testing to deliver iterative, intuitive solutions for the end user – our customers and your colleagues. You’ll have the opportunity to work on our consumer-facing website, internal systems, and our award-winning mobile app.
Early Career Development Programs & Internships
Kick-start your career in our Technology Development Program, where you’ll help create next-generation services and collaborate with fintech partners on innovative solutions. You’ll be supported by and work alongside colleagues from a diverse set of backgrounds as you help reinvent what banking technology looks like for millions of people.