Get to know our RMDP associates
The Risk Management Development Program (RMDP) is an intensive two-year, early career training program, comprised of four rotations, and led by Head of Consumer Credit Risk, Scott Ownes. It is made up of a select group of recent college graduates who have been helping to proactively address risk needs in areas such as Commercial Compliance, Citizens Restructuring Management, Credit Risk, Enterprise Risk Management and Anti-Money Laundering. As part of the program, associates participate in mentorship activities, professional committees, training and volunteering efforts. Below we introduce you to our newest program associates.
Samantha, Bentley University ’16, Finance & Economics
- Why RMDP? It’s an invaluable opportunity to learn about many disciplines within the risk function.
- In my spare time I…spend a lot of time at the CrossFit gym I belong to, or try out new restaurants with friends (hence why I belong to a CrossFit gym).
- Did you know? My last name is French and reads “good life” when translated to English.
Connor, Rhode Island College ’16, Accounting
- Why RMDP? I wanted to learn about an array of risk areas across the entire bank, the networking opportunities, and discovering the subjects that I am most interested in.
- In my spare time I…enjoy playing on a softball team, biking, spending time with friends and family, trying new things, etc.
- Did you know? One day, I want to own an empire of real estate.
Polly, Boston University ’16, International Relations (Business and Economics)
- Why RMDP? I wanted the ability to challenge my critical thinking, while amassing skills and knowledge within a short time frame.
- In my spare time I…practically live at the Museum of Fine Arts, travel (was in Paris and London a month ago!), and attend concerts.
- Did you know? In middle school, the chorus I was a part of sang the Star-Spangled Banner at Fenway Park before a Red Sox game.
Stephen, Connecticut College ’17, Economics and Mathematics
- Why RMDP? The program’s unique structure allows me to gain broad exposure to many different areas of risk, while giving me the opportunity to add value to each team I work alongside.
- In my spare time I…always enjoyed competitive swimming, and staying active in general.
- Did you know? Two summers ago I had the opportunity to study abroad in London, and then travel throughout Greece which was a wonderful experience.
Kevin, Brandeis University ’17, Economics and Business
- Why RMDP? I was attracted to the program through experience working in the Consumer Credit Department in Bridgeport Connecticut.
- In my spare time I…enjoy watching Netflix.
- Did you know? I was a professional pool player when I was 12.
Lydia, UMass Amherst ’17, Political Science
- Why RMDP? It allows participants to gain exposure to a variety of Risk Management departments.
- In my spare time I…play tennis and travel as much as possible.
- Did you know? My favorite vacation spot in the U.S. is Savannah, Georgia.
Our development programs for early career professionals are an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience to jumpstart your growing career.