6 Ways to Grow Your Skills – and Career
The great inventor Ben Franklin once said, “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” At Citizens, we couldn't agree more. We know that continuous learning promotes innovation. So, we’ve created a full range of virtual, in-person, and in-the-flow-of-work programs, tools, and resources that give every colleague – at every stage of their career – the power to learn and grow.
Whether you’re looking to develop new skills, explore potential career paths, or find open roles in the organization, when you join our team you’ll have access to a range of learning and development resources that meet you where you are:
- Innovation@Citizens. Real progress doesn’t happen overnight. That’s why we’ve been on a multi-year journey of innovation. To give our colleagues the opportunity to be a part of the progress we’re making, we offer monthly sessions led by individuals who drive innovation. In addition to helping you develop critical skills to generate new ideas, products, or processes – on your own time – we offer online learning through the Innovation Academy. Topics include creative problem solving, embracing new ideas, and rethinking brainstorming…all things you can implement in your day-to-day.
- Digital Career Coach. Need career guidance? Our Digital Career Coach brings it right to you, anytime. Citizens was one of the first companies globally to adopt this innovative IBM Watson technology designed to provide personalized guidance to help you assess your skills, find opportunities, and plan your unique growth journey.
- Learning Hub. Life doesn’t stop; neither should your learning. That’s why Citizens offers this personalized digital learning program that centers around you to help you develop the skills you need to meet evolving workplace needs. This convenient tool, available online and via mobile, is personalized to your role, interests, and preferences, and includes helpful content from top-tier providers as well information about upcoming or recommended courses that might help you learn and grow.
- Capability Academies. Get the freedom to learn when you want, the way you want with our Capability Academies. Choose to learn at home, through live virtual or in-person presentations, or through collaborative sessions with your peers. You also have the ability to apply your learning outside the classroom in the flow of work. With our Capabilities Academies, the power to learn is always in your control.
- Tuition Reimbursement. In addition to our internal resources and tools, Citizens is committed to helping our colleagues build their education and skills through our tuition reimbursement program. You can get financial assistance with tuition, books, and fees on pre-approved types of study and business needs. The program offers coverage for qualified certificates as well as courses and degree programs from accredited institutions.
- Specialized Training and Support. Whether your field of expertise is technology, retail, business banking, or mortgage, or if you’re ready for a college internship or early career program, we offer specialized new hire programs to help you succeed from the start. We also offer learning opportunities and programs to keep your skills fresh and ensure you continue to learn – at every stage of your career. At Citizens, personal growth never stops!
The future is looking up – at Citizens
Our commitment to continuous learning through these programs and culture of mobility is why, in 2020, more than 3,800 colleagues were promoted or took on new positions. And, it’s why we don’t just want you to join our team, but to grow with us.
Ready to get growing?
Check out our open roles today!