Marketing Strategy Lead for Citizens Pay
Marketing, Digital Experience, and Communications
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
200 Station Drive
Req. Number: 217765
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
An Experience Owner collaborates with business, digital, and analytics partners to prioritize, enhance, and deliver marketing offers from ideation through production in Agile development, ensuring key outcomes and goals are met. The individual in this role will define, develop, and lead the implementation of marketing plans and communications to deliver on business and customer needs. An Experience Owner will be responsible for leading an agile mindset across teams to drive the continued transformation from a project-based organization to one focused on maximizing the value of the customer experience.
The Citizens Pay Marketing Experience Owner will combine strategy, thought leadership, collaboration, influence, and execution to shape the way Citizens Pay engages and deepens with new and existing customers. This is a highly visible strategic role with interaction across multiple teams and leaders across the bank. This individual will deliver a simple and innovative acquisition and deepening marketing plan and experience that acts as a vector of customer growth.
- Develop strategic and tactical marketing plans to meet key outcomes and goals established for the Citizens Pay pod
- Marketing channels should be primarily focused in digital – EM, website, social, mobile/OLB, etc), but may include other tactics, as determined appropriate
- Key partners include Growth Strategy, line of business stakeholders, Greenhouse (internal creative agency), external vendors & agencies, Brand & Advertising, Marketing Data & Analytics Squad, Marketing Operations (COE), Legal/Compliance, and Digital SMEs
- Ideate innovative ways to grow business through digital strategies and various touchpoints to attract new, and deepen existing relationships
- Attract New – Leveraging customer lists from merchants who offer Citizens Pay, develop innovate marketing plans to invite customers to buy now and pay later with Citizens Pay at the merchants they already shop with today
- Deepen Existing – Build innovative marketing plan to deepen with existing Citizens Pay customers to continue to use Citizens Pay at even more merchants.
- Oversee the transition from strategy to implementation following an agile and results-driven culture
- From roadmap to releases and sprints and from epics to stories, validating development along the way
- Work with partners and stakeholders to continuously prioritize and refine the backlog using quantitative and qualitative techniques to ensure more valuable work is delivered first
- Facilitate release planning with stakeholders, lead sprint reviews, hold daily standups, and other common Agile ceremonies
- Budget and Expense Management
- Provide timely and accurate cost estimates for approved marketing activities. Ensure all approved spend is accurately tracked and reported in compliance with Finance calendar.
- 5+ years marketing experience – digital marketing, campaign management, and product marketing
- Ability to navigate through the unknown, proactively reaching out to cross-functional teams to identify connections along the journey
- Innovative, enjoys thinking outside of the box and developing new ways of doing something
- Ability to plan, develop and implement comprehensive multi-channel marketing programs including writing creative briefs and driving data-driven testing strategies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and nurture relationships, influence key stakeholders, and resolve conflicts independently to mutually agreeable solutions
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to quickly re-prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Track record of developing creative solutions and strategies to complex problems
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail, high sense of urgency and ability to work on multiple projects under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office (specifically Power Point and Excel)
- Familiarity with Agile methodology a plus
- Experience with new product/program launches and development of go-to-market launch plans
- Experience in financial services and/or a large corporation
- Experience with MRM systems a plus
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or a related field
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.