Credit Risk Sr Professional
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
200 Station Drive
Req. Number: 217692
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Senior Credit Risk Manager for Unsecured Consumer Lending will be focused in supporting the Citizens Pay consumer installment lending space. These activities include new deal pricing, portfolio management, expert model development and development of vintage level estimates to support expansion in new lending segments. The Sr. Credit Risk Manager will build a strong foundation for our non-modeled portfolios; own loss forecasting for deal pricing with our retail partners and manage the performance tracking of vintage loss targets. This position reports to the head of Credit Risk for Merchant Lending. The position requires an individual to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to establish credibility and build strong relationships with business partners in working on cross-functional projects ensuring that strategic policies are managed in accordance with established risk appetite and business metrics. Critical ingredients for success lie in the candidate’s ability to demonstrate a track record of ownership, exhibit a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a results-driven attitude to identify and deliver enhancements that lead to portfolio growth and profitability.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Exercise strategic vision to identify and drive process optimization efforts
- Responsible for optimizing our Asset Quality reporting framework
- Independently generate analysis using quantitative and statistical skills
- Analyze and interpret large and complex data to identify issues, trends, and make strategic recommendations to both credit risk and business partners
- Own and manage the monitoring of existing processes to identify improvements that contribute to a more effective and efficient operating environment
- Work with internal business partners and external clients to optimize sales, approval rates and credit losses for assigned portfolios.
- Facilitate meetings, assign and/or produce action items, work with external vendors, and prioritize assignments to ensure timely completion of projects and deliverables
- Must to be willing to code and proof-read scripts in SAS, SQL. Python or R experience also desired.
- 3+ years of credit portfolio risk management in a large financial institution or regional bank environment
- 3+ years of quantitative analysis required, with ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data
- Ability to develop quantitative measurements/analysis to address multi-dimensional business needs
- Experience in validating and implementing credit risk models and strategies
- Bachelor’s degree required
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.