Citizens PAY Senior Solution Engineer
Westwood, Massachusetts; North Carolina; Johnston, Rhode Island; Pennsylvania; Remote
Job ID: 25065
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Citizens PAY is a trusted, reliable partner to consumers and businesses, providing innovative, creative and tailored solutions that foster sustained financial security and growth for all our customers. With the stability of a bank and the agility of a fintech, we are committed to bringing responsible lending and spending practices to the world of consumer installment financing.
Citizens PAY is a modern, Point-of-Sale consumer installment financing solution. More than merely an add-on at checkout, the platform is embedded into the customer journey to maximize sales, driving repeat purchases and customer loyalty, both in-store and online.
As a Citizens PAY Sr. Solutions Engineer, you will be instrumental in bringing innovative ideas to fruition. Your role will be central to the successful integration of disruptive technologies within the organization. You will be responsible for providing groundbreaking integration support across multiple Technology and/or Company Platforms, providing consultation by using business and technical knowledge to support business strategies and deliver business outcomes. You will work with Business Development Officers, Data Architects, Enterprise Architects, and Technology Platform Owners and vendors to ensure strategic delivery of integrated solutions that meet client needs at low cost within enterprise standards. The Sr. Solution Engineer is capable of contributing to and creating designs and presenting to an Architecture Review Board.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Meeting with prospective merchant clients to develop solutions integrating point-of-sale and on-line purchasing systems to Citizens Pay platforms, with an eye to optimizing platform cost structure.
- Participating in code and design reviews with teams of software, network and cloud engineers to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards; ensuring the cybersecurity of proposed solutions.
- Translating requirements into functional design documents and offering review/critique of both functional and technical designs; when appropriate, providing recommendations.
- Analyzing the technology environment and ensuring that proposed solutions are in alignment with existing systems; ensuring proposed solutions are harmonious with existing technology and do not overlap or compromise data-integrity.
- Providing post-implementation support to project stakeholders; training, troubleshooting and diagnostics, identifying risk and potential weaknesses/features likely to be exploited.
- Evaluating consumer’s process gaps and IT challenges to implement technological solutions; consulting with both internal and external consumers.
- Reviewing performance and control reports; determining the appropriate course of action to improve performance when necessary.
- 5+ years of web-development or architecture experience
- Hands-on experience with end-to-end software development of complex multi-tiered systems
- Experience with multiple IT disciplines with a confirmed understanding of relevant architectural concepts
- Experience using system and process analysis
- Strong communication skills; ability to facilitate technical conversations with non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with API’s
- Experience in 1 or more of the following technology areas. Infrastructure, Security, DevOps, Application Development, Database technologies, Cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in the financial services industry; BNPL, consumer lending, credit card, payments, etc…
- Experience handling sensitive financial data
- Strong business analysis, solutions crafting, interaction management and presentation skills
- Experience in cyber-security
- UI/UX experience, including relevant web/application branding techniques
- Experience building highly available customer-facing applications, in a GDHA setting
- Experience building cloud-native applications
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline required
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
STRONG PREFERENCE FOR THIS COLLEAGUE TO WORK IN WESTWOOD,MA OR JOHNSTON, RI.
The salary range for this position is $89,760-$134,640 plus an opportunity to earn additional incentive earnings. Actual pay is based on various factors including but not limited to the work location, and relevant skills and experience.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more. Note, Citizens’ paid time off policy exceeds the mandatory, paid sick or paid time-away policy of very local and state jurisdiction in the United States. For an overview of our benefits, visit https://jobs.citizensbank.com/benefits.
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
- Citizens Pay Partnership Manager Westwood, Massachusetts; Utah; Johnston, Rhode Island; North Carolina; Remote Westwood, Massachusetts, Utah, Johnston, Rhode Island, North Carolina, Remote
- Director of College Bound Citizens Westwood, Massachusetts; New York, New York; Johnston, Rhode Island Westwood, Massachusetts, New York, New York, Johnston, Rhode Island
- Principal Data Analyst Columbus, Ohio; Westwood, Massachusetts; Johnston, Rhode Island; Remote Columbus, Ohio, Westwood, Massachusetts, Johnston, Rhode Island, , Remote