Business Banking Relationship Manager II
Business Banking Relationship Manager IIs are seasoned industry professionals who focus on customer relationships. You will work with clients whose annual revenues range from $5M–$25M, which means they have more complex portfolios and financial needs. Your knowledge of commercial credit and access to a competitive product suite will allow you to help elevate their business — and ultimately strengthen the communities around you. In this role, you'll be empowered to grow your book of business and take your career to the next level.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Level: Experienced
- Travel: Locally within market
In order to succeed as a Banking Relationship Manager II and grow your career within Citizens, you'll need to excel within the following criteria:
Decision Making and Critical Thinking
Financial Statement Analysis
Addressing Customers' Needs
Ready to Thrive
- To manage, acquire and deepen a portfolio of new and existing commercial customer relationships within the Business Banking target market.
- The RM2 will focus on clients with annual revenues ranging from $5MM- $25MM.
- Through a consultative approach understand the client needs, providing value added solutions that enhance the customer experience, increase loyalty, and improve the profitability of customer and the Bank.
- Possess and maintain a working knowledge in all aspects of commercial credit including the identification, assessment, and mitigation of risk. Successfully operate in a “team” atmosphere building upon and leveraging strong internal and external networks.
- Operate within a fast paced, demanding sales culture with measured routines and goals aimed at new loan and deposit generation, cross sales, customer service and satisfaction.
- The ideal candidate should be a successful proven relationship manager with experience with moderately complex portfolios, customers, and transactions.
- This individual is developing an equally strong grasp of sales and credit skills. The candidate is expected to possess external visibility in the local market in terms of reputation, COI network, strong customer following and local community involvement.
- This individual possesses the potential to provide a growing impact of the team in a reasonable period of time. This individual is a self-starter and motivator who has demonstrated growth potential.
- 4+ years in a Business Banking Relationship Manager role or related business lending experience.
- Minimum Undergraduate Degree
- Completion of Commercial Credit Training
- Proficiency with portfolio management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with technologies
- Strong sense of customer service, satisfaction and retention.
- Adept at needs identification, problem solving and the consultative sales approach.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to overcome objections and adversity
- Following of prospects, customers and COIs
- Ability to self generate and drive new business development
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance
- Meaningful Community involvement
- Strong understanding of core products and services
Hours and Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
- HM Loan Officer Assistant Albany, New York; Remote Albany, New York, Remote
- Citizens Banker Fayetteville, New York Fayetteville, New York
- Credit Risk Manager II Johnston, Rhode Island; Shelton, Connecticut; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Shelton, Connecticut, Westwood, Massachusetts