Auto Product Strategy & Performance DirectorLocation Warwick, Rhode Island Job ID/ Req. Number191569 Category Management Full/Part Time F Regular/Temporary 1st Shift
Citizens One Auto Finance is the #1 JD Power non-captive lender in dealer finance with originations in 41 states through a network of 5,000 dealers and an $11B portfolio. The Auto Product Strategy & Performance Director will be responsible for setting and driving strategic direction that delivers business performance improvements against long term objectives.
This leadership role within Auto Finance will collaborate across the Auto team and with key business partners including Credit Risk, Finance, Strategy & Analytics, Op Risk, Collections and Loan Servicing. The Director will lead business efforts to analyze industry trends, set product strategy, and manage product performance while engaging in day to day management routines and ensuring the product remains within Risk Appetite.
The Director shall lead a team of 2-3 high performing professionals and will be responsible for creating a strategic and performance mindset within the team and more broadly across the Auto team. This will include a persistent and resilient focus on the customer and driving simple products and processes that remove friction. New digital and direct to consumer business transformations are expected across the industry.
Industry Analysis - continuous effort to understand industry offerings, influences, trends and our performance against peers. Maintain a catalogue of trends and developments including partner relationships, regulatory changes, pricing tools, and new products/program introductions. Evaluate macro-economic trends for impact on acquisition strategy and portfolio performance. Lead quarterly industry landscape review/discussion.
Product Strategy – manage the Auto Finance product set including new product design, evaluation, prioritization, and on-going assessment. Maintain product roadmap and lead design of how product will change through initiatives with clear and simple communication of what product will look and feel like to customers. On-going optimization of products for performance & profitability, alignment to industry trends, and fit with regulatory compliance & control. Lead monthly Product Strategy discussion and collaborate with Auto and key business partners on execution of initiatives.
Product Performance - define business performance targets over 5 year time horizon in context of industry analysis and product strategy. Collaborate with key partners (Credit Risk, Op Risk, LSO) to ensure targets are understood and efforts are aligned. Establish reporting and monitoring routines to evaluate progress and drive engagement. Act as business lead for annual strategic planning efforts with Corporate groups. Author materials for monthly Product Board and other venues as may arise related to product performance.
Business Leadership – actively engage in management routines that involve pricing, risk, financial results, SIMPLE and change management that drive the business forward. Bring overall Product Strategy & Performance lens to discussion ensuring actions and results are aligned with goals and progress. Manage the Auto Product Board including terms of reference, meeting schedule, deck creation and minutes as a mechanism to ensure holistic view of product performance and direction.
Risk & Control – engage with Risk teams to set annual Risk Appetite limits and complete material risk process. Participate in exams, audits and reviews as applicable. Work with Risk team and Auto leadership team in completing annual RCSA. Participate in portfolio management reviews. Engage Risk teams and governance processes for new business initiatives as applicable.
• Candidates must have 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience in a relevant consumer lending area engaged in managing product direction and performance.
• Candidate experience includes progressing leadership positions that evidence a strong track record of driving sound analytic decisions and results that improve performance while maintaining a sound risk appetite and control environment.
• Auto related experience 5+ years analyzing industry trends, designing products, setting strategic direction and enhancing performance.
• Comprehensive understanding of product planning and development in financial services
• Expertise in Auto and/or other relevant consumer lending products and processes
• Analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making
• Strong financial acumen knowing details and can also think big picture
• Creativity to find innovative solutions and plan for future direction
• Excellent written communication skills to consolidate complex topics and detail into digestible and actionable content for Executive presentations
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build collaborative relationships and engage/lead others
• Persistent and resilient mindset to improving customer service and experience
• Risk mindset to understand types of risks, significance and effective mitigation strategies
• Organizational skills and ability to effectively deliver quality and timely results against multiple priorities
• Advanced MS Office skills
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.