Senior Documentation Coordinator
Job ID: 2210422
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Senior Documentation Coordinator position can be based in the Chicago, Illinois, or Johnston, Rhode Island offices of Citizens Asset Finance, a division of Citizens Bank, N.A. (“CAF”), or the successful candidate may work remotely with periodic visits to one of these offices. CAF provides commercial equipment leases and loans to its customers.
The Senior Documentation Coordinator is responsible for driving the closing process on lease and loan transactions with CAF customers. Knowledge of financing documents is required in order to provide expertise to the Sales team and customers as to the proper documents required for the particular transaction. This position is responsible for ensuring that CAF RAACs are implemented through all stages of the lease/loan process, from document creation to closing. The Senior Documentation Coordinator works closely with different teams within CAF, such as, credit, legal, tax and asset management to ensure lease/loan documentation and risk management matters are appropriately addressed.
The Senior Documentation Coordinator role is to determine and prepare the proper financing documents, ensure documents have been properly authorized and executed, conditions precedent to closing have been met, due diligence has been completed to perfect CAF’s security interest in the collateral and the satisfaction of all terms and conditions have been met as prescribed by the credit approval. Because the Senior Documentation Coordinator brings to the role experience with, and a thorough understanding of financing documents, that person will be expected to handle basic document negotiations.
The Senior Documentation Coordinator will maintain his/her own extensive portfolio of CAF customers, and will be responsible for closing transactions with those customers, and customers of other members of the CAF Documentation Team if they are not available, and in connection therewith, will have the following additional responsibilities:
- Responsible for the independent preparation and validation of all legal documentation on loan and lease transactions such that the documents accurately reflect the approved structure and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Provide initial draft of revisions (ranging from basic to complex) to legal documents based on negotiations or specific requirements outlined in the credit approval.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment financed in order to ensure proper documents are utilized and lien perfection in collateral occurs properly.
- Analyze and understand transactions including pricing, deal structure, collateral evaluation, credit, and tax components, including sales/use taxes and property taxes.
- Responsible for managing the closing process with all parties, including customers, vendors, and internal and external counsel; authorize closing and instruct operations to disburse funds.
- Independently books transactions using CAF front end system (Rapport), and ensures all transactions are booked timely and accurately.
- Review transactions for other Documentation Team colleagues to ensure all credit approval requirements have been addressed and Rapport entries are correct.
- Responsible for the due diligence/review of UCC searches and utilizes UCC knowledge to identify and address potential risks with lien perfection.
- Identify post-closing issues and ensure post-closing items are properly documented and collected in a timely manner.
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of customer legal/documentation files.
- Participate in customer meetings and where strategically appropriate accompany Sales on customer visits.
- Work closely with the Head of Documentation and Documentation Team Leader on process improvements within Documentation to improve efficiencies and streamline the process.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with strong background in finance and/or documentation
- Operations background/experience is a plus particularly with systems of record (Rapport and InfoLease)
- A high level of attention to detail and an understanding of lien perfection requirements
- An understanding of lease/loan documentation requirements
- Ability to draft document provisions for Legal review and handle basic negotiation of documents
- Must exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills, organization skills and interpersonal skills
- This position is not available in Colorado
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree or MBA is a plus
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.