Senior Data Engineer
Data Analytics, Technology
Westwood, Massachusetts; Johnston, Rhode Island; Remote
Req. Number: 224992
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Enterprise Data Engineering (EDE) team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer with a winning track record in building high performing data and analytical solutions that transform, integrate, and make data available for business.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of data processing/transformation processes, primarily in a public cloud (AWS) but also On-premises. Along with delivering data capabilities, you will lead a team of engineers and get the opportunity to mentor them. You will be responsible for building and deploying data products including driving architecture, design, build, test, and support applications in production.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing data integration solutions for multiple platforms in Citizens.
- Building robust data pipelines to collect process and compute different metrics from various financial sources, adhering to quality and development standards.
- Designing application architecture / technical design and articulating the data pipeline solutions to team members.
- Collaborating with cross functional team members as necessary and coming up with optimal solutions that meet data demands.
- Deploy high performing, quality/bug-free code in production.
- Executing unit test of data populated in target data container, validating expected result and ensuring quality and accuracy. Coordinating with business users for User Acceptance Testing and with Operations team for code deployment to upper environments.
- Following change management team stipulations on path to production requirements and strictly adhering to the compliance and regulatory needs.
- 4-5+ years of applicable work experience
- Working experience with streaming capabilities such as Apache Spark, Beam, Flink
- Working experience with message brokers/messaging platforms such as Apache Kafka
- Proven track record of working with microservices and batch sources
- Hands-on in a programming language such as Java, Scala or Python
- Excellent skills in SQL Development
- Working experience with ETL Development tools like Talend, Data Stage would be a plus
- General understanding of Cloud offerings for Data processing (AWS would be a plus)
- Ability to work on AWS Glue, AWS S3, Lake formation and other cloud concepts.
Education, Certifications, and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- BS/Engineering in Computer Science or any technology related degree
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- Citizens Teller Export, Pennsylvania Export, Pennsylvania
- Citizens Teller Latrobe, Pennsylvania Latrobe, Pennsylvania
- Customer Service Relationship Support Specialist I Johnston, Rhode Island; Medford, Massachusetts; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Fort Washington, Pennsylvania; Clinton Township, Michigan Johnston, Rhode Island, Medford, Massachusetts, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, Clinton Township, Michigan