Senior Conversational AI Engineer
Data Analytics, Technology
Req. Number: 225673
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
As a Senior Conversational AI Engineer, you will drive highly strategic efforts that are part of the Next Generation Transformation program by developing home-grown technology applications for our Contact Centers and managing individual deliverables. In this vital role, you will be a part of a new Conversational AI Team that delivers solutions for Citizens Bank customers. In this role, you will be a Senior developer responsible for developing Amazon Lex based Conversational AI solutions across the bank’s Consumer and Commercial initiatives. You will have the opportunity to work with contact center teams, conversation designers, DevOps automation, and website development.
The Senior AI Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing, modifying, and implementing a Conversational AI framework. Building modern, architecturally sound components, tools, and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals
- Develop/Configure/Test a new virtual assistant (Chatbot/Voicebot) within Amazon Lex or enhance existing virtual assistance conversations by creating/updating intents, responses, and training phrases to make a chatbot continuously more effective
- Create and maintain documentation on conversation flows, architecture design, API integration, development, deployment, etc.
- Develop a DevOps pipeline to automate build, test, and deployment
- Develop and maintain quantitative key performance indicators to evaluate the effectiveness of the chatbot
- Work with other product team members using Agile methodology
- Administration of all aspects of the chatbot development and deployment environments
- Communicate technical design, implementation issues, risks clearly and precisely
- 5+ years of experience in software development, with a proven record of successfully launching commercial products
- 3+ years of experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs, and developing efficient implementations
- 2+ years developing applications using AI, natural language processing, and/or speech recognition
- Expertise in Python full-stack development
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with CICD pipeline (Jenkins, CircleCI, or equivalent)
- Experience working on AWS preferred
- Cloud Certifications preferably AWS
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Data Science
- Bachelor's degree with 2 extra years of experience
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.