Senior Business Analyst
Commercial Banking, Remote
Req. Number: 224869
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Platform Experience Sr. Business Analyst leads and coordinates cross disciplinary teams, including operations, accounting, and technology colleagues in project/initiative support activities within Commercial Loan Operations (CLO) with an emphasis on strong knowledge of business processes, system functionality and superior customer service. CLO Platform Experience Support provides support for production processes, business process reengineering, application upgrades, operations readiness, training, and risk control processes. The role serves as a commercial loan business subject matter expert (SME) on project implementations throughout the business lifecycle. This includes defining business processes and requirements, defining end user and customer functionality, providing expertise on commercial loan products and system functionality as well as delivering solution options to senior managers. This role collaborates with resources across operations, accounting, and technology as well as other downstream partners.
This is an advanced and senior position requiring syndicated lending business experience, either in a loan agency or loan sales and trading space. Experience in interpreting and operationalizing credit agreement terms and conditions is required.
- Knowledge of Loan IQ application ecosystem functionality and end-to-end business processes.
- Analyzes production questions/issues, conducts research, reviews vendor documentation, and provides users with next steps, workaround, or remediation.
- Engages with all commercial partners on initiatives including teams outside of Commercial Operations.
- Defines business requirements for specific business processes and/or functionality through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business processes.
- Analyzes vendor functionality specifications to ensure business requirements are being met.
- Liaise with the solution architects, developers, technology partners and testers to ensure they understand the functional requirements of the system.
- Identifies cross-team resources needed to achieve success within the project/initiative.
- Manages cross-team resources through project tasks assigned within scope, quality and timeframe allocated.
- Supports user acceptance test execution in the Application Lifecycle Management tool.
- Supports documentation of test plans, scripts and UAT completion for project governance within timelines.
- Evaluates system changes impact to business process for documentation, communication and improvement opportunities.
- Understands use of applications for processes outside of operations.
- Supports coordination of delivery of communication to operational stakeholders.
- Communicates progress to direct manager as well as managers through CLO.
- Identifies and delivers specific business process improvement and training opportunities within the organization.
- Identifies and communicates issues that present unacceptable risk to customers and the bank.
- Supports the business’ long term strategic objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with peers across the organization.
- Identifies opportunities that add value to the business objectives and enhances the customer experience.
- Supports process improvement activity including process automation.
- 10+ years’ experience in syndicated loan operations
- 4-6 years’ experience utilizing the Finastra Loan IQ application, including origination, syndication, servicing, payments, and secondary trading.
- Experience with Finastra Trader Desktop and DataNet application strongly preferred
- Understanding of trade date accounting preferred
- Advanced MS Excel, Access, Word and Power Point
- Advanced knowledge of commercial loan applications/systems and their interactions with other bank systems (Payments, General Ledger, Risk, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of syndicated and commercial loan products and lifecycle processes
- Excellent strategic thinking skills
- Efficient time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-thinker able to work through issues and escalate only when appropriate
- Ability to lead resources through focused tasks and timeline
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
*This role is not available in CO
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.