Principal Data Analyst
Marketing, Digital Experience, and Communications, Remote
Westwood, Massachusetts; Johnston, Rhode Island; Stamford, Connecticut; Remote
Req. Number: 225916
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Principal Data Analyst is an individual contributor technical role, in which you will be an integral part of a team of experienced data resources and will drive the creation of impactful data driven solutions. You will play an influential role, in moving the organization towards a culture where data is central to decision-making. You must be able to work in a dynamic environment on multiple opportunities and interacting with both Technology and business partners.
The principal data analyst will be a key member of the data solutions team focusing on the Citizens Listens program. The program is one of the key initiatives of bank, focusing on data for customer surveys. The principal data analyst is responsible for owning the accuracy and timeliness of the data feeds needed to enable this program. A key component of this role is to have constant interactions with business stakeholders, for fulfillment of existing and new requirements. An ability to analyze requirements, recommend and provide data solutions to support business goals and troubleshooting existing issues is an important aspect of this job.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of databases, entities, attributes, and database object relationships
- Experience in developing data solutions using SQL
- Proficient in writing and debugging stored procedures
- Experienced in understanding and using dimensional and relational data models for querying
- Experienced in data exploration, data manipulation and data transformation for large datasets
- Experience in developing solutions using cloud-based databases, like Redshift.
- Experienced in identifying and resolving data issues in a timely manner
- Be able to understand and work on existing SQL code base for modifications and issues
- Familiar with job scheduling for batch jobs, including but not limited to job success, failure, re-runs
- Familiar with JIRA, confluence, and agile working methodology.
- Be able to form strong relationships with business, by staying close to the business, understanding their priorities and their pain points and partnering to help them.
- Be able to connect business needs and requirements to data support solutions to make recommendations and execute accordingly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to convey actionable and understandable business intelligence
- Passion for collaboration and working with and inspiring cross-functional teams
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
- The belief that done on time is better than perfect but late
- Desire to help our business evolve through high quality data support
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics plus 7 years of experience
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics plus 5 years of experience
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.