Home Mortgage Retail Underwriter Specialist (Work at Home)Location US-Work at Home Req. Number208021 Category Product Support, Underwriters, Remote Opportunities Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Citizens is an organization committed to serving the customers, colleagues and communities where we do business. We're an established and successful financial services company with a 12-state branch presence and a nationwide mortgage business. We offer comprehensive and competitive benefits, encourage our colleagues to develop and grow their careers, and provide a fiscally sound and stable work environment.
As a successful member of our Underwriting team, you will be responsible for underwriting complete product offerings including automated and manual portfolio, Jumbo, FHA, VA, Bond Agency, and Construction-to-Perm loans. In addition, you will underwrite pre-underwritten conventional first mortgages prepared by a Junior Underwriter, and will utilize your knowledge and experience to serve as an advisor for junior members of the department.
Some additional responsibilities include, ensuring material information captured in the automated underwriting system is accurate at time of review proactively suggesting program alternatives for customers who do not qualify for terms initially submitted demonstrating sound judgment in the analysis of required documentation while mitigating organization risk through appropriate decision making.
You will be asked to meet or exceed productivity levels established by Management and credit quality standards set forth by Citizens, while responding timely to quality control and audit reviews when requested. This role will assist the Group Team Manager, when necessary.
- 5 or more years underwriting conventional and government loans
- Experience using Automated Underwriting Systems
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills
- Experienced as Delegated Underwriter with all approved MI companies
- Ability to analyze and evaluate sophisticated income documentation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a production environment
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent experience in underwriting/mortgage banking preferred
- Direct Endorsement Certification required
- VA LAPP approval preferred
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.
Awards we've received
- Forbes World's Best Banks (2020)
- Forbes Best Employers for Diversity (2020)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality – 100% Corporate Equality Index (2020)
- Military Friendly Employer (2020)
- Dave Thomas Foundation – Best Adoption-friendly Workplace (2020)
- Diversity, Inc. – Top 25 companies for diversity (2019)
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
This position is not available in Colorado.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.