Citizens Pay Sr. Business Development Officer – Home Improvements
Lending, Commercial Banking
Req. Number: 221362
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Pay is a fintech business powered by a national bank. Recognized as a leader in product innovation, Citizens has built ground-breaking point of sale (P.O.S.) Financing programs for some or the largest retailers in the country. The team is rapidly growing its merchant relationships across industry verticals and is searching for an experienced developer of new business to play a key role in its growth. The Sr. BDO will be responsible for developing new merchant relationships and establishing strategic partnerships to drive top line revenue and loan volume on an annual basis. Success in the role will require building and managing a pipeline of prospects, aligning product solutions with the needs of merchants, and ultimately closing new business.
This role offers a great opportunity for hardworking hunters who can think strategically and drive execution by showing grit, creativity, and determination!
We are looking for a candidate with a maniacal focus on the customer that can expertly show merchants how Citizens P.O.S. solutions can be a game-changer for their business!
As a Sr. BDO you will:
- Develop and implement a sales strategy within assigned verticals to meet team and business line goals for loan volume and revenue
- Tap into your network of contacts and relationships, as well as your understanding of the competitive landscape in P.O.S. / buy-now-pay-later financing, to advise pipeline development activities and help open doors for new business
- Vet and qualify opportunities with internal stakeholders and team leadership, demonstrating critical thinking capabilities to ensure the optimal merchant solution is presented
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to build proposals and product solutions that deliver the greatest value to Citizens and our merchant partners
- Lead in-person pitches and negotiation of terms with merchants
- Highly successful developer of new business with a keen understanding of how to build, qualify, and close a pipeline of partnership opportunities
- Creative problem solver who can imagine the art-of-the-possible and bring it to life with a passion for solving new challenges!
- A robust network of relationships within the home improvement industry required.
- 10+ years of Business Development experience in merchant financing, SaaS, or payments technology.
- Prior experience in merchant financing solutions (BNPL, PLCC) is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the merchant financing ecosystem and emerging consumer payment products
- Bachelor's Degree Required, MBA preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
This position is not available in Colorado.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- Citizens Banker Elkins Park House, Pennsylvania Elkins Park House, Pennsylvania
- Senior Commercial Agency Services Specialist Cleveland, Ohio; Charlotte, North Carolina; Boston, Massachusetts; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Providence, Rhode Island Cleveland, Ohio, Charlotte, North Carolina, Boston, Massachusetts, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Providence, Rhode Island
- Financial Advisor - Affluent West Chester, Pennsylvania West Chester, Pennsylvania