Senior Office365 Technology EngineerLocation Riverside, Rhode Island Req. Number198728 Category IT, Digital Technology, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Colleague Technology Messaging and Collaboration Services Sr. Engineer performs a critical role in defining and implementing the end user delivery strategy. This role within the Colleague Technology Services department offers the opportunity to be part of the evolution of end user messaging, collaboration and productivity technology across the enterprise. It will design and build of detailed infrastructure solutions/repeatable patterns (build-kits) for non-production and production environments; transitioning knowledge to infrastructure operations and it will provide 3rd level support when needed due to escalations and advance troubleshoot is required.
The ideal candidate is an expert messaging, collaboration and productivity product engineer who has proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining a standard delivery and operations model. The candidate applies this expertise across all aspects of the end user service design framework to deliver a superior colleague experience which is scalable, sustainable and supportable.
The focus of this role is collaboration and productivity services: Exchange Messaging, MS Office 365, SMTP and Mass Mail solutions.
Technology Scope of Position
- Our technology domain includes end user compute, collaboration & productivity, and directory services. The focus of this role is collaboration and productivity services: Email messaging, MS Office/365 & SharePoint.
Products and protocols include Exchange 2010, MS Office, Office 365, SharePoint/Online, Voltage Securemail, AvePoint Doc Ave, Powershell and Quest Message stats
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design, build and manage complex hybrid multivendor
- Collaboration/Messaging Infrastructure based on Office365/Exchange/Cisco WebEx/Jabber
- Develop the technical design and operational procedures for the collaboration and productivity environments and services within the technology scope of position.
- Collaborate with information security, distributed compute and other teams to develop robust Collaboration/Messaging Infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot complex application issues, owning the 3rd level support function for issue escalation.
- Develop tools and processes for information gathering and configuration changes within the environment.
- Provide technical guidance based on business line solution requirements, serves as subject matter expert on project initiatives, risk reviews and audits.
- Ability to occasionally work or assign work during nights/weekends during critical incidents or major project implementations.
- Provide input and/or direct teammates handling critical incidents, outages and root cause analysis.
- Maintain currency in end user market trends and participate in industry workgroups as needed.
- New England region preferred. Flex work allowed. Position is based in East Providence, RI
- 5 to 10 years and expert knowledge in many areas of the role’s technology focus including service design, monitoring, alerting, management, integration & migration, backup & disaster recovery, in a large, geographically distributed organization with multiple data centers and which are operated by 3rd party managed services partners (IBM, Cisco, Microsoft).
- Expert knowledge and application of Microsoft products and industry best practices and security principles for electronic messaging, integrated collaboration, and productivity software.
- Expert knowledge of scripting (PowerShell, VB).
- Broad knowledge of the end user technology domain including compute, collaboration and productivity.
- Able to create high-quality engineering and operational runbooks and procedural documentation.
- Dedication to improving knowledge of the technology domain throughout the organization.
- Experience operating in a regulated environment, healthcare, banking etc. is a plus.
- Strong ability to identify issues in the environment and can efficiently communicate the issues with colleagues and management.
- Process oriented and can document work processes and workflows.
- Able to succeed and integrate into a fast paced environment in a highly collaborative manner self-motivated and requiring able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinker is required, ability to research and collaborate effectively.
- Able to speak and write English at a professional and technically proficient level including understanding of good documentation practices
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, IT, or related discipline
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.