Senior EDI Business Systems AnalystLocation Riverside, Rhode Island Req. Number1910011 Category IT, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Senior Business Systems Analyst leads and coordinates BSA colleagues in the development of functional specifications for major systems and applications and/or bundles of smaller systems and applications. Interfaces with BAs to ensure that functional specifications capture business requirements and aids in the translation to technical requirements. This is an advanced and senior position requiring business and technical expertise in a wide variety of educational and business areas. Knowledge of industry best practices is essential.
- Responsible for maintaining functional and non-functional specifications in a portfolio of systems/applications designed to meet business requirements throughout project and program lifecycle
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
- In conjunction with the Business Analyst, solicits and documents the functional specifications to assist the Solution Architect in the design of technical structures based on the existing standards and processes to meet business requirements
- Provides strategic support for the BSA to document and appropriately captures functional specifications according to organization process in alignment with overall Change Framework and IT Operating model
- Provides integrated systems analysis within their domain and identifies how application/systems interact to support business processes
- Liaise with the Solution Architects, Application Developers and Testers to ensure they understand the functional requirements of the systems
- Configures system settings and options to ensure business requirements are fulfilled
- Manages project tasks assigned within scope, quality and timeframe allocated with PM supervision
- Identifies and record risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions in accordance with project standards. Agree escalation level with Project Manager, and then manage those assigned through to resolution including updating project risks and issues logs.
- Deputize for the Project Manager where required
The key deliverables of the role are:
•Develop map to translate files, any to any.
•Lead and facilitate customer/project “Kick off “session to gather requirements and educate customers on product and services
•Setup clients on the EDI system for payments processing
•Participate in pre-sales activities, deals and pipeline reviews.
•Identify improvement opportunities through data analytics, stakeholder and customer interactions
•Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders across divisions
- Minimum 4 years of previous experience as a Business Systems Analyst (including technical/requirements development)
- Basic understanding of project management techniques/methodologies
- Advanced understanding of business and business systems analysis including elicitation, problem analysis, requirements specification, modeling and business process analysis
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word
- Possible requirement for travel within the US
- Self-thinker; able to work through issues and escalate only when appropriate
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma concepts is preferred
- Strong knowledge in Commercial banking applications, processes and business operation is preferred
- Strong knowledge of the BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) or similar frameworks is required
- Previous experience in the Leasing business including applications (e.g., Info-Lease, Rapport), operations and regulatory is required
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of applicable experience
- Working towards a relevant recognized formal qualification in Business Analysis is preferred
Knowledge, skills & abilities that typically lead to success in the job include:
- Knowledge of EDI processing including data mapping using Sterling Integrator mapping tools.
- Strategic thinking
- Project management
- Change management
- Data analysis
- Technical/Functional expertise
- Problem solving
- Solution architecture
- Business systems maintenance
- IT relationship management
Hours & Work Schedule
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.