Senior Data AnalystLocation Riverside, Rhode Island Job ID/ Req. Number193769 Category IT Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Senior Business Analyst (SBA) will complete elements in the definition, requirements, design, build and delivery of a project or a program. The SBA will create and foster a climate of continuous improvement in delivering projects, striving for excellence and contributing to the overall development of RBS Citizens Change Management
Primary responsibilites include:
- Partnering with business clients to fully surface their requirements; conducting interviews with key project stakeholders and document and present the results in the form of a complete and approved Business Requirements Document (BRD)
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to ensure end solution meets requirements and gains an understanding of the context and impact of the project to the business line and collaborate with business to influence best solution
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, profile, analyze synthesize data within BDW data model environments
- Documents procedure and policy changes from current state model through future state impacts of project
- Supporting traceability from requirements through to UAT; assist testing function in the definition of test plans and testing strategies and in the creation of test cases
- Creates and delivers through the full sign off process project/program documentation by working with Key Stakeholders to elicit information and gain agreement
- Identifies, evaluates and tracks progress of project risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies, escalating them appropriately with suggested mitigating actions and implementing as directed
- Utilizing key stakeholders and other available resources research, facilitates discussions, analyze and evaluate options and provide recommendations to the Program Manager/Project Manager
- Maintains and develops knowledge of project methodologies and a professional network of contacts, sharing knowledge and best practice where appropriate to support continuous improvement
- Upload requirement deliverables into ALM project repository for tracking
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience as a Business Analyst (including requirements development)
- Capable of writing clear/concise and well-structured business requirements documents
- Competent use of Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Word
- Relevant recognized formal qualification in Business Analysis is desirable but not essential
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure, business strategies and processes.
- Thorough understanding of Relational Databases and SQL query fundamentals to support required data analysis
- Ability to assume project management role as necessary
- Flexibility and willingness to assume responsibilities for projects and tasks as assigned by the Project Manager in a fast paced organization
- Self thinker able to work through issues and escalate only when appropriate
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or a minimum of 6 years relevant Business Analysis experience.
- Working towards a relevant recognized formal qualification in Business Analysis is desirable but not essential
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M - F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.