Global Markets Operations Senior Team Lead
Riverside, Rhode Island
Req. Number: 225940
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Global Markets Operations team within Commercial Operations supports Middle and Back office functions across a range of Listed and Over the Counter (OTC) derivatives products. Within Global Markets Operations, The Confirmations and Settlements team is tasked with managing all transactional lifecycle events (affirmation, confirmation, settlements, etc.) across the Global Markets product suite (Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate and Commodity derivatives, Futures).
This position reports to the Manager of the Confirmation and Settlements team within Global Markets Operations. The position will have direct responsibility for various settlement and confirmation activities, reporting and reconciliation and will identify and implement process improvement, automation and enhancement activities within the Confirmation & Settlements function. This individual will:
- Assist with daily production tasks, act as an initial point of escalation for issues, hand-hold large/sensitive transactions as necessary
- Partner with the Global Markets Operations Experience Owner (EO) to identify, prioritize and complete projects to enhance Confirmation and Settlements functions with focus on process re-engineering and client experience
- Liaise with various technology and support teams to build out MI and canned reporting
- Flex across the different functional teams to assist with day over day activities as necessary and ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Ensure day over day operational and core systems readiness
- Support of daily activities related to Confirmations and Settlement including:
- Trade handling, exception processing and approvals in core applications Wall Street Systems and Calypso
- Tracking settlement details and resolving settlement issues with client and Front Office in advance of value date
- Direct interaction with external clients and the business line to resolve trade and settlement issues
- Daily reconcilement of P&L to GL entries and understand how to resolve open items
- Oversight of large/sensitive transactions and processes:
- Time sensitive payments to clients ahead of local market close
- USD Nostro funding process
- Verification and maintenance of Static Data (add / change information specific to account settlement instructions to ensure processing systems have correct settlement data and where applicable, compares e-commerce platform SSI data (FXALL, MISYS, Bloomberg) to instructions on Operations systems)
- Summarize issues/errors and escalate to management
- Resolve/investigate internal and external client’s escalations
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key business partners and stakeholders
- Challenge team to find new/different ways to work through leveraging automation or process re-engineering. Identify and create projects for process enhancements (controlled in Jira workflows) and work with EO to implement.
- Enhance the effectiveness of existing internal controls within Confirmation and Settlements team
- Identify and escalate issues that present risk to the bank
- Review daily/weekly/monthly files for exposure reporting, GL proof recons, cash reconciliations etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-10 years of industry experience
- The ideal candidate will have strong and diverse derivative product (Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate and Commodity derivatives) background and awareness of industry best practices and regulation
- Working knowledge of common E-commerce platforms (360T, FXALL, Bloomberg)
- Prior exposure to Global Markets Operations core technology (WallStreet Systems and Calypso) is preferred
- Capable of detecting, interpreting and effectively socializing complex or sensitive issues
- Analytical thinker who is able to quickly identify connections between various pieces of data and systems and effectively articulate business impact
- Displays strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Access/MS Excel with the ability to create MS Access queries and write formulas in Excel (vlookups, etc.)
- Deep understanding of SWIFT standards (payments and confirmations) and industry standard settlement practices
- Ability to prioritize, perform and coordinate tasks in a fast-paced environment
Hours and schedule:
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- Citizens Teller Export, Pennsylvania Export, Pennsylvania
- Citizens Teller Latrobe, Pennsylvania Latrobe, Pennsylvania
- Customer Service Relationship Support Specialist I Johnston, Rhode Island; Medford, Massachusetts; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Fort Washington, Pennsylvania; Clinton Township, Michigan Johnston, Rhode Island, Medford, Massachusetts, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, Clinton Township, Michigan