Cyber Defense Operations Specialist - 3rd Shift Sunday through Wednesday
Riverside, Rhode Island
Job ID: 227046
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 3rd Shift
This 3rd shift opportunity in the Cyber Defense (CD) Security Operations Center (SOC) will perform security monitoring, intrusion analysis, incident handling, data loss prevention, privileged user monitoring, security incident management, malware detection / eradication and recognizing hacker / incident response tactics, techniques and procedures.
The individual will be:
- Performing ongoing monitoring and threat analysis, analyzing logs, netflow data, and packet capture
- Identifying potential IT security incidents and calling out information to appropriate senior staff
- Assessing threat and vulnerability information from all sources (both internal and external) and promptly applying applicable mitigation techniques
- Using information from cyber security tools and processes, assessing potential security and business impacts and presenting recommendations to management
- Proactively protecting, monitoring, investigating and resolving threats to secure user environment and company assets
This 4 day, 40 hours per week role is a 3rd shift, Saturday evening through Wednesday morning opportunity in our Security Operation Center with the hours of 11:00PM – 9:00AM.
Experience and Skills:
- 1 or more years of security industry experience preferably in a SOC environment
- Experience with the following highly desirable:
- Security Information and Event Management Tools (QRadar, Archsight, etc.)
- Intrusion Prevention Tools
- Database Security Tools (Guardium)
- Data Loss Prevention Tools (Symantec, Websense, etc.)
- Firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, Check Point etc.)
- Application Security Tools
- Vulnerability tools
- Cyber Security Incident Response
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems (SourceFire, McAfee, etc.)
- Host Intrusion Detection Systems
- Security Analytics (Solera, NetWitness etc.)
- Demonstrated spoken and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Experience adapting and demonstrating flexibility while working in a dynamic environment
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Saturday 11:00PM – Wednesday 9:00AM
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.