Application Packaging and Deployment Engineer ILocation Riverside, Rhode Island Req. Number198713 Category IT, Digital Technology, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
- Technologies may include end user compute, collaboration & productivity, and directory services. The focus of this role is application discovery, packaging and distribution, patching, compatibility testing, scripting and automation, productivity suite, browsers, and middleware.
- Application lifecycle management of core applications and 3rd party commercial off the shelf (COTS) apps, across all endpoints: PC, VPC, Mac, mobile.
- Product space includes Windows workstation/server OS, macOS, iOS, Android, Citrix, XenApp/Desktop, Flexera, App-V, PowerShell/VBScript, SCCM, BlackBerry UEM, JAMF
- You will be working on a broad range of initiatives that impact the entirety of Citizen’s business operations. Alongside a team of highly-motivated engineers, you will work collaboratively to enhance, protect and transform Citizen’s infrastructure. As a team member, you will be a key contributor as you work to develop innovative systems solutions.
- Responsible for lifecycle management of core applications and 3rd party commercial off the shelf (COTS) apps across all endpoints.
- Help define and implement application packaging and delivery standard patterns, processes and configurations
- Create and execute streamlined processes for application intake, compatibility testing, packaging and delivery, maintenance of application catalog, inventory and licensing, retirement, and achieveing perpetual application currency.
- Create application packages for automated delivery and according established standards and required business configurations
- Set up deployments of applications according to deployment criteria and monitor/report on applications deployments status
- Create standard reports and dashboards to provide visibility and insight in to application status (deployment, compatibility, currency, licensing and entitlements)
- Collaborate with the Colleague Technology architecture, engineering and risk and service design teams to ensure desired outcomes are met in the context of the overall business and technology strategic vision.
- Collaborate with Program Management to report project status and when necessary escalate issues and risks.
- Closely partner with peers to ensure colleague experience and service design best practices are delivered across the plan/build/run/refresh/retire lifecycle.
- Troubleshoot complex application issues within the end user environment
- Ability to occasionally work or assign work during nights/weekends during critical incidents or major project implementations
- Maintain currency in end user market trends and participate in industry workgroups as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or engineering; 3 to 5 years of computer systems and/or applications management experience
- Demonstrated experience designing and deploying end user technologies in large, geographically distributed environments at a scale of over 20,000 end users and 30,000+ managed devices is a plus
- Experience with automated deployment methodologies and application packaging / distribution
- Experience with two or more; Flexera, App-V, Citrix, SCCM, JAMF, Blackberry UEM
- Expertise in architecture and design of enterprise desktop deployments and processes
- Ability to effectively lead clients through detailed assessment and design processes for desktop and related infrastructure deployments.
- Experience with Windows 10 Enterprise features, desktop analytics, Upgrade Readiness, and Telemetry
- Experience with Office Pro-Plus including Click to Run functionality.
- Strong Knowledge of web browser configuration and support
- Strong proficiency with scripting languages, multiple packaging / deployment applications, and distribution methods
- Strong code skills in one of the following languages Powershell/VBScript/Python
- Strong ability to identify issues in the environment and can efficiently communicate the issues with colleagues and upper management
- Process oriented and can document work processes and workflows
- Able to succeed and integrate into a fast paced environment
- Critical thinker is required, ability to research and collaborate effectively
- Able to speak and write English at a professional and technically proficient level including understanding of good documentation practices
- Comfortable navigating large corporate structure to ensure timely delivery of projects a plus
- Experience communicating complex technical processes to non-technical colleagues
- Basic knowledge of Agile ceremonies and experience working on an environment where Agile practices were implemented
- Applicable certifications in end user technology may include Microsoft, Apple, Citrix.
- Experience working on high regulated environment, financial, banking, healthcare is a plus
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.