Asset Liability Portfolio Analyst
Providence, Rhode Island; Boston, Massachusetts
Req. Number: 224278
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Asset and Liability Analyst role will act as a subject matter expert on their particular portfolio(s) within the scope of Interest Rate Risk and Valuation.
The portfolio analyst will:
- Utilize the ALM balance sheet model (QRM) to run monthly NII and Valuations for assigned portfolio(s)
- Establish/ maintain good working relationships with Line of Business (LOB) partners to discuss monthly changes in pricing, volume, and prepayment assumptions
- Drive analysis and decomposition of portfolio(s) impacts on the overall Balance Sheet
- Understand the impact of the evolution of and changes in rates on their portfolio(s)
- Enhance or develop reporting tools used to communicate Interest Rate Risk drivers to upper management
- Facilitate the build out of any new banking products or improved modeling approaches within QRM
- Assist in regulatory/internal audits, governance support, and internal risk management reviews
- Regularly review portfolio assumptions and processes to look for areas of improvement
- Execute assumption sensitivity and back-testing to identify the main drivers of changes in metrics
- Work in a fast paced, team environment
- Initiative to seek out information necessary to answer management’s questions
- Create ad hoc analysis and reports as needed
- 3+ years of Strong analytical background
- 3+ Prior Banking experience with a strong understanding of banking products
- Strong Excel skills with an eye toward building efficient reports and analytical tools
- Essbase proficiency
- Comfortable presenting findings and communicating with upper management
- Experience with PowerBI or PowerQuery
- Experience with QRM, or other bank balance sheet frameworks
- Prior experience in a Business Line Finance or Treasury or role
- Required - bachelor’s degree in business, finance, computer science, math, statistics, Master's Degree preferred
- Certified Risk Manager, Chartered Financial Analyst a plus
Hours and Work Schedule
- Hours per Week:40
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- Citizens Banker Elkins Park Gardens, Pennsylvania Elkins Park Gardens, Pennsylvania
- Citizens Teller New London, Connecticut; Old Lyme, Connecticut; Westbrook Center, Connecticut New London, Connecticut, Old Lyme, Connecticut, Westbrook Center, Connecticut
- CSI Principal Control Anlyst Johnston, Rhode Island Johnston, Rhode Island