Citizens Banker - InStorePaoli, Pennsylvania
We’re reimagining the future of banking and what it means to be a banker. Citizens Bankers devote their time getting to know their customers and building lasting relationships by providing trusted advice. Using your strong communication and problem-solving skills — along with your wide range of financial knowledge — you will anticipate your customers’ wishes and address almost every need. Your laser focus on delivering an exceptional experience means every customer leaves happy, not just today, tomorrow and for years to come.
- Job type: Full-Time / Part Time
- Level: Early Career
- Travel: No
In order to succeed as a Personal Banker and grow your career within Citizens, you'll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Communicator 10
- Persuasive 7
- Customer Focused 10
- Problem-solver 9
- Relationship expertise 9
- Technologically savy 8
Why work for us?
Every day we collaborate to provide solutions for our customers to strengthen their financial futures. We take pride in helping people and pitch-in to support our colleagues because together, we are stronger.
Because our culture is customer-centric, you're encouraged to take the initiative in helping our customers secure their financial future. As a colleague, you are empowered to continually develop your skill set, unveil your potential and embrace new opportunities.
We are citizens helping citizens. It's why we come to work each day. You'll discover opportunities to actively give back, volunteer and improve the communities we serve each day.
We offer you a variety of career paths and work schedules in this role to support your lifestyle. You'll have options for where you want to
take your career as well as when you work.
We provide comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage in addition to generous paid time off (including 10 paid bank holidays).
In addition to a competitive rate of pay you'll have the opportunity to participate in a generous 401K plan and an employee stock purchase program, as well as several discounts on banking services offered by Citizens. We also offer performance-based incentive programs and exceptional colleague awards.
Citizens Bankers devote their time getting to know their customers and building lasting relationships by providing trusted advice. Using your strong communication and problem-solving skills — along with your wide range of financial knowledge — you will anticipate your customers’ wishes and address almost every need. Your laser focus on delivering an exceptional experience means every customer leaves happy, not just today, tomorrow and for years to come.
Are you outgoing? Do you get satisfaction out of helping others and offering sound advice? If you’re a “people person” who enjoys building strong relationships with customers, then this is the job for you!
Citizens Bankers are the face of the branch. You’ll get to know customers’ personal financial goals and recommend tailored solutions to meet their needs — like planning for the future, buying a home or opening a new credit card. Not only that, but you’ll also introduce customers to new, more efficient ways of banking online, through our award-winning mobile app and ATMS. Everyone in the branch environment thrives when you work together to meet individual and team goals. You can also take advantage of training, coaching and career planning to grow your career into branch management or another exciting role at Citizens.
A Day in the Life of a Citizens Banker
- Be the face of Citizens, presenting a professional, friendly and helpful appearance with every interaction
- Work closely with new and existing customers to understand their financial needs and deepen relationships
- Provide recommendations and assist customers with a wide array of financial solutions to satisfy their spending, saving, borrowing and investing needs
- Help customers bank more efficiently using web, mobile and ATM banking
- Acquire new customers through outbound phone checkups and in-store prospecting
- Collaborate with your partners in Wealth, Mortgage and Business Banking to help customers with more complex financial needs
- Contact customers to schedule time to discuss their personal financial goals
- Provide financial education and services to customers to help them fit banking into their everyday lives
- Comply with all financial policies and procedures, state and local laws and regulations
What can we offer you?
- Meaningful work & relationships – You’ll help customers with important financial decisions that impact their lives like building a business, buying a house, paying for school or helping them realize their long-term financial goals. Colleagues and leadership listen to your ideas and feedback.
- Commitment to community – You’ll flourish in a diverse, friendly and supportive workplace that lets you give back to the community through volunteering and donating to causes that are important to you
- Recognition & reward – You’ll see your hard work rewarded with financial incentives, promotions, growth and new opportunities
- Training & development – You’ll grow your career through training, coaching, career planning and development that will enable you to branch off in any direction your talents and interests take you
- Exceptional benefits – You’ll have access to medical and dental insurance, a 401K with corporate match, tuition assistance and discounts on student loan refinancing. You’ll also get a discount on thousands of gyms, studios and fitness centers.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- High School degree or GED required
- 2 years of sales and customer service experience
- Strong listening and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Commitment to building relationships through phone engagements
- Comfortable with using digital technology to support the delivery of business goals
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Ability to strengthen relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Self-motivated, confident and ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
- If selected, candidates must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- 1 year cash handling experience preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Varies with branch needs and may include weekends and evenings
Be a great Citizen.
Join us today.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.