Bank Branch, Teller
Being a Teller is about more than handling transactions — it’s about cultivating relationships and providing a supportive environment for everyone. You'll get to know our customers and their needs. If you’re made of a warm smile, a cool idea or a passion for helping customers and local business owners, you’ll thrive here. A career with us can start in a branch and go in any direction your talents and interests take you.
- Job Type: Full-time or part-time
- Job Level: Entry
- Starting Salary: $17+/hour
In order to succeed as a Teller and grow your career within Citizens, you'll need to excel within the following criteria:
Ready to Thrive
Starting Salary: $17 / hour and up
As a Citizens Teller - YOU make a real difference for our customers and the branch team.
Transactions aren’t at the heart of banking — relationships are. Are you a great listener? Do you enjoy meeting new people and strengthening relationships? If so, you’re Made Ready to be a Citizens Teller. What sets these colleagues apart? You look customers in the eye and greet them in the branch lobby with a smile — just like you would a friend or a neighbor. Whether you’re processing transactions or collaborating with your branch team to meet a customer’s needs, you provide a memorable, significant experience to every customer, every day.
It takes an upbeat attitude, an ability to listen intently and a desire to get to know your customers — who they are, what they need, which ones want to get in and out quickly vs. those who want to catch up. Using your knowledge of our award-winning mobile app and online banking options, you’ll simplify banking for your customers. You will confidently cash checks, process withdrawals and deposits. You pride yourself in giving every customer the level of care they deserve, including referring them to the right banker who can handle more sophisticated requests.
What you'll do
- Be the face of Citizens; be professional, friendly and helpful with every interaction
- Make the first impression to our existing and new customers when they walk into the branch
- Help customers by showing them how to bank digitally using their mobile device, and empower them to choose how they do their banking including use of online banking and ATMs
- Be knowledgeable of all Citizens products and benefits so you can educate customers and effectively respond to their questions and/or concerns
- Be a lobby leader by welcoming and directing customers to the right colleague who can best address their needs
- Build relationships by getting to know our customers, enabling you to offer personalized advice and refer them to other partners when needed
- Make customers feel cared for while you accurately process transactions including deposits, withdrawals and payments
- Follow all financial policies and procedures including proper cash handling, state and local laws and regulations
- Take advantage of training and coaching to grow into a Citizens Banker or another exciting role
- Bring your positive energy and confidence to Citizens and our customers every day
What you'll get
- Meaningful work & relationships – You’ll help customers with important financial decisions that impact their lives like building a business, buying a house, paying for school or helping them realize their long-term financial goals. Colleagues and leadership listen to your ideas and feedback.
- Commitment to community – You’ll thrive in a diverse, friendly and supportive workplace that lets you give back to the community through volunteering and donating to causes that are important to you
- Recognition & reward – You’ll see your hard work rewarded with promotion, growth and new opportunities
- Training & development – You’ll grow your career through training, coaching, career planning and development that will enable you to branch off in any direction your talents and interests take you
- Exceptional benefits – You’ll have access to medical and dental insurance, a 401K with corporate match, tuition assistance and discounts on student loan refinancing. You’ll also get a discount on thousands of gyms, studios and fitness centers.
- High School degree or GED
- Minimum of 6 months experience processing transactions (cash and/or digital payments) in a retail or banking environment.
- Minimum of 1 year demonstrated customer experience, recommending and referring products and services to customers
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Commitment to build relationships through in-person customer interactions
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- Comfortable with using digital technology to support the delivery of business goals
- Ability to build positive relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Energetic, detail-oriented and ability to multitask effectively
- Ability to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
- Demonstrated stable work history
- Ideal candidates have 1 year of experience processing transactions (cash and/or digital payments) in a retail or banking environment.
Hours and Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 30
- Work Schedule: Varies with branch needs and may include weekends and evenings
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
- HM Loan Officer Assistant Albany, New York; Remote Albany, New York, Remote
- Citizens Banker Fayetteville, New York Fayetteville, New York
- Credit Risk Manager II Johnston, Rhode Island; Shelton, Connecticut; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Shelton, Connecticut, Westwood, Massachusetts