Associate - Advisory
New York, New York
Req. Number: 225945
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Our Associates are based in the NYC Metro area and support Managing Directors, Directors and Vice Presidents as they develop and pitch/market new ideas to help corporate clients and financial sponsors achieve their financial and strategic objectives
- Participate in all phases of the transaction cycle from pitch to close
- Lead the preparation of pitch materials and update decks for client meetings
- Lead the preparation of detailed transaction marketing materials including confidential information memoranda and management presentations
- Perform extensive financial modeling and valuation analysis
- Own diligence workstreams including fielding diligence questions as well as managing virtual data rooms
- Directly liaise with our client’s C Suite and senior management in preparing marketing materials and responding to diligence requests
- Mentor/Coach analysts
- Conduct comprehensive company and industry research, and developing and maintaining thorough industry thought pieces and analyses for presentation to clients
- Analyze financial model outputs and client information to formulate and present conclusions for discussion purposes
- Assist in outreach on sell-side M&A and capital markets deals
- 3+ years of direct experience with proven client interaction and Investment Banking, Leveraged Finance or Capital Markets experience; will look at strong accounting backgrounds (4+ years) with Big 4 accounting firms.
- Attendance in a formal investment or corporate banking training program preferred, but not required
- Ability to function as part of a flat organization, manage several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a multiple teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner
- Ability to follow-up independently and consistently
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis with a solid understanding of financial statements, financial modeling and company or industry analysis
- Self-starting team player who can think strategically and excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- High degree of maturity and integrity with a positive and hardworking attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with related financial services software including S&P CapitalIQ, Bloomberg, Pitchbook, etc.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.