HM Processor Senior SpecialistLocation Melville, New York Req. Number197637 Category Operations, Home Lending Operations, Consumer Banking Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Loan processors ensure timely and accurate management of all mortgage loans originated by our sales partners. Processors are responsible for gathering information and reviewing documentation from our customers from the time of application through closing, ensuring each customer’s loan is accurate and complies with all regulatory and bank requirements. Ideal candidates possess exemplary customer service, organizational and time management skills with a focus on quality and production. Ability to meet deadlines and adherence to all bank service level agreements and compliance and regulatory guidelines are critical. Optimal candidates will have a proven history of meeting and/or exceeding customer satisfaction, quality and production goals in a fast-paced team environment.
Description of Function:
- Professional and timely communication in both oral and written formats with external and internal customers; dedicated to providing superior customer service
- Follow up on all required customer and third party documentation, ensuring timely review and submission to underwriting and closing partners in compliance with bank and regulatory guidelines
- Ensure all processing required touch point communications and follow up steps are completed while ensuring clear and concise documentation of statuses are updated in the record system every step of the way
- Meet department customer service, quality and productivity standards within required turn-times
- Access and use Citizens Bank approved websites and programs as needed
- Ability to navigate product and guideline repository to stay abreast of the latest product, policy and procedure changes
- Ensure all compliance training is completed ahead of deadline
- Exemplary customer service skills, both written and oral, with external and internal customers and vendors
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines is critical to this position
- Ability to take complex terminology or documentation requests and translate into simple and easy to understand terms for customers
- Attention to detail and focus on quality while meeting productivity standards required
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Experience navigating product, procedure and policy guidelines
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Office, 2-3 years’ experience preferred
- 3-5 years of mortgage industry experience required
- 3-5 years working knowledge of DTI and LTV ratios with ability to understand loan documentation and related reports and/or websites preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience processing conventional, government and bond loans
- 3-5 years’ experience working with self-employed borrowers and tax returns
- Thorough understanding of regulatory guidelines including, but not limited to, Fair Lending, Reg B, TRID, etc.
- Empower.Net experience preferred
- High School or Equivalent (GED) required
- Associate Degree / Bachelor Degree preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.