Principal Data Engineer (Remote)
Massachusetts, United States
Req. Number: 213616
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
Citizens Bank is currently recruiting for a Principal Data Engineer role. If you are an individual passionate to advance in the field of data science (Core AI) or to make an impact on the organization by applying advanced analytics tools and technology (Applied AI), this is the right opportunity for you to join our growing Advanced Analytics team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementation of Optical Character Recognition (OCR) tools/technologies with document management systems while coordinating with business lines for use; orchestrating an end to end pipeline using OCR and appropriate data repositories to maximize scanning, profiling and searchability of documents.
- Working individually or in small groups to drive transformation using machine learning across the bank in marketing, operations, credit, and fraud.
- Rolling up your sleeves and owning a predictive model building process from end-to-end - managing stakeholders, presenting the results and helping the team grow in an agile organization.
- Eight years of experience in an analytical, data science role or data engineering (ETL) capacity
- Experience with Seal, Textract or another OCR Technology
- Understanding of implementing Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Natural Language Understanding (NLU) processes, Natural Language Generation (NLG) algorithms
- Proven ability to program and build predictive models using R or Python; including packages such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Pandas, NumPy
- Ability to use SQL for analytical analysis, generate stored procedures
- Experience running statistical or machine learning procedures, such as descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, dimension reduction, feature transformation, supervised or unsupervised learning
- Solid understanding of machine learning algorithms such as Random Forest, Gradient Boosting and Neural Networks
- Demonstrated quick learner, highly analytical with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Experience or familiarity with contract analytics and related legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. FDIC370 or LIBOR) is a plus
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s or PhD in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, econometrics, data science or computer science from a top-tier institution with a strong academic track
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.