Conduct Ethics Office Manager - Commercial Banking
Massachusetts; Illinois; Connecticut; California; Rhode Island; Pennsylvania; Remote
Req. Number: 220221
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The Conflicts Office Manager is a member of the Commercial Banking Risk team, a front-line unit risk function. The Conflicts Office is responsible for all conflicts clearing and deal team vetting processes for the Commercial Bank. Also serves as the clearinghouse for certain business acceptance activities within the Citizens Capital Markets business, including AML and Sanctions clearing for counterparties and certain clients. The Analyst, under direction from the Conflicts Office Director and Conflicts Office Manager, reviews transactions, products, and activities, which give rise to an actual or perceived conflict of interest, and/or reputational risk. The Analyst remediates conflicts of interest by monitoring, clearing and, in certain cases, working with senior members of the team to determine if it is necessary to limit business activities and deal team staffing consistent with the Bank’s policies and procedures. The Manager will support the implementation of and adherence to controls and procedures designed to manage conflicts.
- Acts as the Commercial Bank's single, first call point of contact for deal team vetting and team member conflicts clearing. These activities are correlated and required in order to decision deal teams for all levels of staff and to determine that team assignments do not raise conflicts. o Review of new mandates/situations
- Determine deal team assignments.
- Research history of client engagement and transactions. Gather organize, review and analyze relevant history for potential conflicts/legal issues
- Facilitate conflict clearance of each potential deal team member or other appropriate actions for each submission
- Facilitate client conflict clearing, MNPI matters, and wall crossing process.
- Liaise closely with business and deal team staffing.
- Liaise with business teams across division (Corporate banking, Capital Markets, Broker-Dealer) to understand transaction opportunity.
- Acts as subject matter expert on conflicts related matters (including matters related to the Citizens Conflicts of Interest Policy and FINRA requirements relative to avoidance of conflicts and record keeping related to person with knowledge of transactions)
- Document elements of review (including impacted legal entities, deal team members, and persons knowledgeable of a transaction) for each conflict check to ensure the identification and reporting of persons in possession of MNPI and other confidential information to the Control Room based on independent analysis of supporting documentation.
- Foster a culture of compliance through enhanced MIS related to conflicts management process. Work with partners in the business, Commercial Risk leadership, and the Second Line of Defense to enhance the transparency associated with conflicts risk. wi.wiCitizensenterprise.
- Analyze and monitor compliance with the terms of executed agreements (including NDAs, CA & LOI) to verify that the full inventory of terms are monitored.
- Inventory and monitor compliance of executed agreements; liaise with Legal counsel and business line as necessary to ensure compliance with terms and conditions
- Obtain data to facilitate AML and sanctions screening for trading counterparties, valuation clients, and M&A clients and counterparties for submission to Citizens AML Operations.
- Work with business lines as necessary to resolve any suspect or actual hits against sanctions lists.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience. Ideally has a background in investment banking or securities. Understanding of information barriers and conflicts of interest preferred.
- Strong presentation and relationship management skills
- Understanding of information barriers and conflicts clearance
- Ability to manipulate and present data using state-of-the-art database and reporting tools
- Handles low to medium complexity protection of confidential information issues
- Familiarity with commercial and investment banking products and services (both credit & non-credit)
- Working knowledge of investment banking including Loan Syndications, Sponsor Finance, Debt Capital Markets, and Equity Capital Markets preferred
- Familiarity with investment banking regulatory regimes
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Liberal Arts
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:30 am to 6 pm Pacific Time
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.