Appraisal Analyst IILocation Marlton, New Jersey Req. Number201868 Category Risk Management, Compliance Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Appraisal Analyst II will be a member of the Collateral Risk Management Team. In this role you will make decisions on collateral as a function of the Bank’s due diligence, as it pertains to risk exposure on residential real estate. The Analyst II will ensure that the Bank receives regulatory-compliant appraisals and evaluations that are in compliance with corporate policy and standards, Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), secondary market guidelines and document the results.
Primary responsibilities will include:
•Conduct reviews of appraisals and other valuation products, by approving or declining the reports. This will include Owner occupied or Tenant Occupied, Single Family, Condos and PUD units with a loan amount of $0- $999,999.00.
•Maintain daily and monthly goals set by Sr. Management.
•Report inconsistencies and irregularities on appraisals to the Collateral Investigation Unit.
•Communicate with Appraisal Vendors to obtain clarification and additional supporting explanations and/or data as deemed necessary.
•Analyzes the reasonableness of the appraisals to confirm reported value is supported for financing purposes while evaluating report completion methodology.
•Escalate any quality or service issues to Collateral Investigation Unit (CIU) or Sr. Management.
•Perform other responsibilities as directed by the Team Leader or other Sr. management.
•Adheres to bank policies and procedures and complies with legal and regulatory requirements including appraisal industry’s concepts and practices.
• 5 years of recent appraisal review and/or underwriting experience
• Knowledge of real property, terms, types of ownership in real estate, deeds, mortgages, etc.
• Real Estate Appraisal Analysis experience preferred.
• Capable of completing evaluation analysis of residential properties
• Ability to recognize deficiencies in appraisals and evaluation reports.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Basic knowledge of USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) preferred
• Knowledge of lending operations and/or appraisal department policies and procedures.
• Can work effectively in a team environment but also a self-starter able to work independently
• Effectively manage multiple deadlines and projects
• Good Oral and Written Communications skills
• Good Analytical/Math skills
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency
• Familiar with secondary market collateral guidelines
Associates Degree preferred (concentration in Business, Real Estate or Finance) or 5 years equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per week: 40
Work Schedule: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday
*Flexible location - Remote considered
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.