Business Banking Relationship Manager II - Manchester, NHManchester, New Hampshire
Our Business Banking Relationship Manager II role is an opportunity for experienced and successful industry professionals to take their careers to the next level. Working with clients with annual revenues ranging from $5MM—$25MM, you will take on customers with more complex portfolios and financial needs to help them elevate their businesses. You will grow and maintain your book by focusing on the relationship — not just the transaction — with your customers, ultimately strengthening the communities around you in unique and personalized ways. Effective Relationship Managers maintain a working knowledge of commercial credit, flourish in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and accelerate their potential for a long and successful banking career.
- Job type: Full-Time
- Level: Experienced
- Travel: Locally within market
In order to succeed as a Business Banking Relationship Manager II and grow your career within Citizens Bank, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking
- Relationship Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Addressing Customer's Needs
- Clear communicator 8
- Influential 7
- Inquisitive 6
- Customer focused 10
- Responsible 7
- Relationship builder 9
"Citizens Bank is a very compelling blend of size and capability. We have the scope and magnitude to reach customers effectively, but have a ‘neighborhood bank’ feel that helps when building relationships with business owners. I feel I am really able to help my clients navigate the banking environment, implement their business plans and achieve their long-term goals."— Paul, Business Banking Relationship Manager II
"I’ve found that if you can be empathetic to the client, respectful of his or her needs and sincere in your counsel, you will succeed in Business Banking. Clients will come to you for advice and consider you a financial confidant. When you attain those relationships, you provide significant value to the clients’ business – it’s a great feeling."— Manny, Business Banking Market Manager
"When you are in Business Banking, you are partaking in the betterment of communities. You may be funding a local company that creates jobs, helping create an innovative new product that impacts the neighborhood, or even providing capital for the next big idea someone has. That’s what I love about my job – the ability to influence and change communities for the better."— John, Business Banking Market Manager
Why work for us?
Every day we collaborate to provide solutions for our customers to strengthen their financial futures. We take pride in helping people and pitch in to support our colleagues because together, we are stronger.
Because our culture is customer-centric, you’re encouraged to take the initiative in helping our customers secure their financial future. As a colleague, you are empowered to continually develop your skill-set, unveil your potential and embrace new opportunities.
We are citizens helping citizens. It’s why we come to work each day. You’ll discover opportunities to actively give back, volunteer and improve the communities we serve each day.
We offer you a variety of career paths and work schedules in this role to support your lifestyle. You’ll have options for where you want to take your career as well as when you work.
We provide comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage in addition to generous paid time off (including 10 paid bank holidays).
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a generous 401K plan and an employee stock purchase program, as well as several discounts on banking services offered by Citizens Bank. We also offer performance-based incentive programs and exceptional colleague awards.
- To manage, acquire and deepen a portfolio of new and existing commercial customer relationships within the Business Banking target market.
- The RM2 will focus on clients with annual revenues ranging from $5MM- $25MM.
- Through a consultative approach understand the client needs, providing value added solutions that enhance the customer experience, increase loyalty and improve the profitability of customer and the Bank.
- Possess and maintain a working knowledge in all aspects of commercial credit including the identification, assessment and mitigation of risk. Successfully operate in a “team” atmosphere building upon and leveraging strong internal and external networks.
- Operate within a fast paced, demanding sales culture with measured routines and goals aimed at new loan and deposit generation, cross sales, customer service and satisfaction.
- The ideal candidate should be a successful proven relationship manager with experience with moderately complex portfolios, customers and transactions.
- This individual is developing an equally strong grasp of sales and credit skills. The candidate is expected to possess external visibility in the local market in terms of reputation, COI network, strong customer following and local community involvement.
- This individual possesses the potential to provide a growing impact of the team in a reasonable period of time. This individual is a self-starter and motivator who has demonstrated growth potential.
- 4+ years in a Business Banking Relationship Manager role or related business lending experience.
- Minimum Undergraduate Degree
- Completion of Commercial Credit Training
- Proficiency with portfolio management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with technologies
- Strong sense of customer service, satisfaction and retention.
- Adept at needs identification, problem solving and the consultative sales approach.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to overcome objections and adversity
- Following of prospects, customers and COIs
- Ability to self generate and drive new business development
- Strong understanding of risk and compliance
- Meaningful Community involvement
- Strong upside career potential
- Strong understanding of core products and services
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.
Learn more about this location.View Location