Associate Licensed Relationship BankerMalden, Massachusetts
The Associate Licensed Relationship Banker role is the gateway to a fulfilling career in banking, with a unique opportunity to secure licenses needed for the Licensed Relationship Banker role. With the support of the entire branch and management teams, you will spend your first six months (or less) developing in the role of a banker, while studying to obtain the required licenses. As an Associate Licensed Relationship Banker, you will leverage a passion for engaging with customers to fully understand their financial needs and help customers with their saving, spending and borrowing needs as well as helping them plan for retirement. You will recommend retail and investment products and services while collaborating closely with other bank partners from specialty areas to offer a wide array of banking solutions for the customer. In this role, you will be front and center in your community and be exposed to future career growth opportunities in Wealth or Retail Management.
- Job type: Full-Time / Part Time
- Level: Early Career
- Travel: No
In order to succeed as an Associate Licensed Relationship Banker and grow your career within Citizens Bank, you’ll need to excel within the following criteria:
- Clear communicator 8
- Influential 7
- Inquisitive 5
- Customer focused 10
- Responsible 7
- Relationship builder 9
Learn how to acquire the licenses necessary for the job with our paid study program.Learn More
Why work for us?
Every day we collaborate to provide solutions for our customers to strengthen their financial futures. We take pride in helping people and pitch-in to support our colleagues because together, we are stronger.
Because our culture is customer-centric, you're encouraged to take the initiative in helping our customers secure their financial future. As a colleague, you are empowered to continually develop your skill set, unveil your potential and embrace new opportunities.
We are citizens helping citizens. It's why we come to work each day. You'll discover opportunities to actively give back, volunteer and improve the communities we serve each day.
We offer you a variety of career paths and work schedules in this role to support your lifestyle. You'll have options for where you want to take your career as well as when you work.
We provide comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy coverage in addition to generous paid time off (including 10 paid bank holidays).
In addition to a competitive rate of pay you'll have the opportunity to participate in a generous 401K plan and an employee stock purchase program, as well as several discounts on banking services offered by Citizens Bank. We also offer performance-based incentive programs and exceptional colleague awards.
As an Associate Licensed Relationship Banker, you will be developing in the role of a banker while studying for the required licenses. Once licensed by passing your Securities Industry Essentials Exam, Series 6, 63, and Life and Health License Exams, you will move to the Licensed Relationship Banker role and have dual responsibilities in both banking and investments.
- Work closely with new and existing customers to understand their financial needs and deepen relationships
- Provide recommendations and assist customers with a wide-array of financial solutions to help them save, spend, borrow and plan for retirement
- Leverage problem-solving and strong communication skills to resolve customer issues
- Collaborate with branch colleagues and partners to support and refer customers with more complex financial needs
- Ensure compliance with all financial policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Achieve outstanding performance by going above and beyond for customers each day
- Be the face of Citizens Bank, presenting a professional, friendly and helpful appearance with every interaction.
- Take part in our Paid Study Program to pass your Securities Industry Essentials Exam, Series 6, 63, and Life and Health License Exams needed to advance to the Licensed Relationship Banker role
- Ongoing support and guidance such as on-the-job learning, hands-on experience and mentorship
- Paid study time, study materials and a testing window to secure your Securities Industry Essentials Exam, Series 6, 63, and Life and Health License Exams as part of the program
- Strong recognition and incentive plans to accelerate you earning potential based on your achievements
- Opportunities to develop your career and grow into new roles, such as a Licensed Relationship Banker, Premier Advisor, Branch Manager or Financial Advisor
- Training, strategies and tools to support your personal growth and the development of strong customer relationships
- Collaborative workforce committed to supporting your ideas and feedback and accelerating your potential
- Team atmosphere of diverse professionals committed to making an impact as an organization
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to our local communities
- Exceptional benefits such as Medical & Dental, along with a 401K with corporate match
- College degree in business related field or in lieu of education a High School degree or GED with 2 years of customer service experience.
- You are required to obtain all required licenses as part of our Paid Study Program. Licenses must be obtained in the following order: Securities Industry Essentials Exam; Series 6 license; Series 63 license; Life/Health Insurance licenses
- Ability to effectively engage with customers and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Exceptional listening and communication skills, ability to present features and benefits of products and services to customers with differing needs
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions to customer issues
- A track record of working effectively in a team environment and building solid relationships with teammates, business partners and specialists through collaboration
- Self-motivated, confident, and ability to multitask effectively
- Willingness to work branch hours, which can include weekends and evenings
- If selected, candidates must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining a Unique Identifier from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.
Learn more about this location.View Location