Citizens Branch Manager II
Bank Branch, Branch Manager
Latham, New York
Req. Number: 224498
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
As a Branch Manager you will drive branch performance, sales growth, and colleague and customer experience through inspirational leadership, highly collaborative partnerships, and sound operational practices. The Branch Manager is directly responsible for creating and maintaining a strong customer-centric culture and is the primary mentor and manager to branch colleagues. The role fulfills both a player and coach role in achieving team and individual sales goals by delivering product/service 'value' and differentiating solutions that address clearly understood customer needs. The Branch Manager should have experience working in the digital space to show customers the easy accessibility of our mobile and online experience. In this capacity, the Branch Manager plays a critical role in building a diverse talent pipeline and developing colleagues to ensure their capabilities keep pace with future business needs. The Branch Manager will put performance development as priority, emphasizing the importance of continuous learning and implementing coaching plans to assist colleagues in achieving personal/branch goals. The Branch Manager must be able to clearly communicate messages to colleagues and translate business priorities in a way that colleagues embrace and are able to execute. The Branch Manager is also responsible for the branch P&L and, therefore, must understand financials and key business drivers and use that understanding to guide sound decision-making. In addition, the Branch Manager leads, manages, and directs all colleague and sales activities to ensure P&L targets are met and exceeded. As an ambassador for our brand, the Branch Manager will be a visible representative in the field and community helping branch colleagues cultivate new customer relationships and deepen existing ones.
As a Branch Manager your primary responsibilities include:
- Create a Service Environment: Build and promote branch identity, drive sales and promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service and branch success.
- Manage a High Performing Team: Show accountability by taking ownership of the business and willingness to make customer-focused decisions when needed.
- Empower your colleagues and lead by example: Support multiple branch locations when necessary, inspire ownership among your teams and be an active player-coach.
- Provide sales leadership to ensure franchise growth: Leading by example, through accountability, reward and recognition to drive outstanding sales and service results.
- Utilizing digital technologies and applications to drive business results.
- Ensure our customers are extremely satisfied with every interaction – make it memorable and the best part of their day.
- Coach and Develop to Drive Results: Assist colleagues in achieving their developmental goals and career aspirations.
- Bring a positive energy and confidence to Citizens every day.
- Leadership experience; with proven ability to coach and develop to drive sales excellence, ensure the delivery of world class customer service, and operational integrity in a high volume branch environment.
- 4 years sales management experience in Retail or Branch Banking environment
- Successful record of managing objectives in meeting sales goals, deadlines and branch goals in a profit and loss environment
- Drive an exceptional customer experience validated through customer satisfaction surveys
- Maintain strong partnerships with community & civic organizations
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to work branch hours, including some weekends and evenings
- Successful candidate must meet and comply with all requirements set forth in the SAFE Act, including, but not limited to successful completion of the required background checks and obtaining an unique identifier from the NMLS
- Experience managing a branch with an FTE count up to 6 or more preferred
- For Multi-Site locations qualified candidate will be skilled in remote or multi-unit management
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Knowledge, skills & abilities that typically lead to success in the job include:
- Holding others accountable
- Team Leadership
- Customer service
- Risk acumen
- Business partnering
- Problem solving
- Retail banking
- Talent sourcing & assessment
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: varies
Work Schedule: varies
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.