Private Client Relationship Manager (Keene, NH)
Wealth and Asset Management
Keene, New Hampshire; Brattleboro, Vermont; West Lebanon, New Hampshire; Claremont, New Hampshire; Hanover, New Hampshire
Job ID: 28996
Full/Part Time: Full Time
At Citizens, our mission is to help clients, colleagues and communities reach their potential. We do this through our distinguished client-centric culture, having a mindset of continuous improvement and always enhancing our excellentcapabilities. Citizens is the bank that stands and grows with its clients. Within Citizens Wealth Management, Citizens Private Client provides personalized, world class financial planning and advice to help clients achieve their financial goals. We do this through creating a culture of continuous coaching, professional development and ongoing practice management support.
As a Citizens Private Client Relationship Manager, you will engage directly with our affluent and high-net-worth clients to exceed their expectations by thinking long term, always doing the next right thing and collaborating with other colleagues. The Private Client Relationship Manager, along with a Private Client Financial Advisor or High Net Worth Wealth Advisor, and Certified Financial Planners®, create the Citizens Private Client team. They provide a tailored expertise to a defined book of affluent and high-net-worth clients. As part of this team, you will provide the banking and lending solutions necessary to help clients save and grow their assets in a tax-efficient way, manage debt effectively, secure their income to live the lifestyle they dream of, protect their family for life’s ‘what-ifs’ and prepare them to leave a legacy.
As a Private Client Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for acquiring, broadening, deepening and retaining affluent and high-net-worth relationships. You will do this by proactively engaging these clients on a regular basis in deep discovery conversations and delivering a best-in-class client experience. Leading with financial planning requires you to offer our full value proposition and allows the client to utilize those personalized financial solutions that address their specific financial needs.
- Acquire qualified, new-to-wealth relationships through leads and by developing internal and external referral sources to introduce to the Private Client value proposition
- Perform regular, proactive outreach to manage, deepen and retain the relationships, creating remarkable experiences
- Conduct thorough discovery to understand family dynamics, goals and objectives and current financial situation, becoming the client’s trusted relationship manager
- Engage with Certified Financial Planners and Financial Advisors to create and analyze the client’s financial plan and strategize on how to present the breadth of Citizens solutions across banking, lending, and partner with the Advisor for investments to help clients reach their financial goals
- Introduce appropriate opportunities to segment partners, based on their financial goals, including but not limited to Financial Advisor, Wealth Advisor, Home Loan Officer, Small Business Partners, etc.
- Provide regular, value-added engagement with clients of the Private Client Group: high-touch, face-to-face or virtual meetings, consistent communication, access to financial education materials, etc.
- Leverage Salesforce CRM tool to document client interactions in detail
- Build an activity-based business development plan centered around proactive outreach and follow-up behaviors
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or 3-5 years relevant equivalent experience
- SIE required, and at least one of the three following licenses required for application: Series 6 (or 7), 63 (or 66), and Life and Health Insurance Licenses. Additional licenses can be obtained within a specific timeframe upon hire.
- Demonstrated success in a client-centric, proactive sales environment
- Experience in cultivating relationships
- Success in new client acquisition, cultivating and maintaining relationships through exceptional service, and revenue generation, including but not limited to: Planning/banking/lending product referrals and sales and investment referrals
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with clients and internal partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of industry regulatory requirements to ensure a sound control environment
Hours and Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: M-F
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
- HM Loan Officer Assistant Albany, New York; Remote Albany, New York, Remote
- Citizens Banker Fayetteville, New York Fayetteville, New York
- Credit Risk Manager II Johnston, Rhode Island; Shelton, Connecticut; Westwood, Massachusetts Johnston, Rhode Island, Shelton, Connecticut, Westwood, Massachusetts