Testing ManagerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Job ID/ Req. Number194139 Category IT Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Test Manager is an experienced IT professional providing strategic test management and direction across a suite of applications aligned to a business line. This role will incorporate a strong consultant oriented approach working in digital transformation projects. The individual should have passion for automation and will be experienced with managing functional and non-functional testing. This role requires excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams. The test manager should have strong test management experience with some expertise in Lean/Agile, DevOps and Test automation.
Primary responsibilities includes:
- Manages the overall test activities related to sprint-level and Release-level testing, and reports results to the program leadership team.
- Governs testing planned and conducted by the individual work streams
- Ensure that the team is clear on delivery expectations
- Ensure the successful execution of projects through all phases of the Software Development and Testing Life Cycles as defined within the QA Digital Technology space.
- Facilitate the creation of project test plans with proper scoping, estimates, and resourcing.
- Prepare for and conduct test readiness review meetings and test status meetings with project stakeholders
- Define best practices for test coverage and regression testing for both functional and nonfunctional testing
- Challenge legacy process and define/redefine for modern software engineering practices
- Drive initiatives to foster automation first mindset in the team and improve team efficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience leading Test teams, test methodologies, and software quality assurance.
- Experience leading and managing test cycles for Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing, Performance Testing, Regression Testing, and Infrastructure testing
- Working knowledge of at least 1 of the following tools - Jira, ALM
- Capable of planning and managing test phases for medium sized /complex projects using appropriate tools such as inspection and review, integrating with other projects as appropriate
- Experience driving large scale initiatives with automation, performance, Data - ETL, API, mobile and other specialized testing and test automation tools is required.
- Experience partnering with technology and vendor partners including offshore is required
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous testing framework implementation with Jenkins and Dockerized deployments
- Understand integration, customization, performance and security/compliance requirements with AWS and other cloud providers
- Mobility Testing and exposure to cloud mobile solutions such as Perfecto Mobile
- Experienced in rolling out test automation frameworks for API/services testing
- Experience with Selenium Java Webdriver and/or SoapUI
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree required or 7+ years’ experience in IT working with various software development lifecycle methodologies and frameworks.
- Software Testing Certifications or Project management certifications strongly preferred
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: 8 AM to 5 PM (Monday to Friday)
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.