Technology Development Program: Data Engineer (June 2023)
Student and Recent Graduates
Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts; Phoenix, Arizona; Iselin, New Jersey
Job ID: 24024
Full/Part Time: Full Time
TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (JUNE 2023)
Get ready to make your mark! Kicking off your career with us means working on projects that matter alongside colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
We know that everything is driven by technology. It’s why we’ve made a substantial investment to build and support our in-house tech firm. In our Technology Development Program (TDP), you will help build next-generation services and collaborate with fintech partners on innovative solutions. Bring your whole self to work, including your passion for what’s possible and your critical thinking skills. Joining us on our transformation journey means you’ll get to reinvent what banking looks and feels like for millions of people!
THIS PROGRAM IS BASED IN JOHNSTON, RI
Data Engineer Rotation
In this year-long program you will develop the skills and knowledge necessary to have a successful career. You’ll have three different Data Engineer Rotations across various Teamsvarious Teams within the business line. Each of these rotations will offer unique opportunities to participate in meaningful, hands-on projects. You’ll leverage advanced analytics and big data techniques to derive valuable insights from enterprise data and deliver those insights back to stakeholders. You will build data pipelines using latest Open-Source technologies that would include mechanisms such as filter, tag, join, parse, and normalize data sets and work appropriately to design ingestion mechanisms. Finally, you will create integrated views based on customer requirements. Sample responsibilities include:
- Implementing data processing and integration solutions for multiple platforms in Citizens.
- Building robust data pipelines to collect process and compute different metrics from various financial sources, adhering to quality and development standards.
- Focusing on designing data stores, software engineering, and making sure data is available for those who need it.
- Making data available through different mechanisms such as batch, streaming and API/services to various users and systems.
- Collaborating with cross functional team members as necessary and coming up with optimal solutions that meet data demands.
- Deploy high performing, quality/bug-free code in production.
- Executing unit test of data populated in target data container, validating expected result, and ensuring quality and accuracy. Coordinating with business users for User Acceptance Testing and with Operations team for code deployment to upper environments.
- Following change management team stipulations on path to production requirements and strictly adhering to the compliance and regulatory needs.
- Applying extensive knowledge on data stores and best engineering practices: handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, building human-fault-tolerant pipelines, scalability, continuous integration, understanding database administration, and maintaining data cleaning.
All Technology Development Program participants will participate in the Early Career Development Program (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month program designed to give our new colleagues a solid foundation at Citizens. ECDP runs concurrently with your technology development and rotations. Through the ECDP, you’ll experience:
- 2-day Orientation with all bank-wide development program colleagues (90+ colleagues in 2022)
- Professional development workshops (such as Agile Methodologies and Presence & Presentation)
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership across all areas of Citizens
- Dedicated community service activities to include direct service or skills-based volunteering to local organizations across our footprint.
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates will be placed on a data engineering team where you will continue to develop your career.What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or other technology-related degree.
- Expected graduation date of May 2023.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Experience working with raw as well as prepared datasets
- Understanding of master data management principles and processes
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous professional exposure to software development and/or engineering.
- Programming experience using Java, Python and frameworks such as Springboot, Microservices
- Familiarity with ETL, ELT, Star Schema, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Beam, Flink, and/or message brokers/messaging platforms such as Apache Kafka
- Understanding of the banking industry, specifically the functions of custodial and consumer banking.
Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am - 5pm
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- CSI Investment Assistant Boston, Massachusetts; Columbus, Ohio; Monroeville, Pennsylvania; East Naples, Florida Boston, Massachusetts, Columbus, Ohio, Monroeville, Pennsylvania, East Naples, Florida
- CSI Investment Assistant East Naples, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts; Columbus, Ohio; Monroeville, Pennsylvania East Naples, Florida, Boston, Massachusetts, Columbus, Ohio, Monroeville, Pennsylvania
- Citizens Branch Manager II Niantic, Connecticut; Groton, Connecticut; New London, Connecticut; Waterford, Connecticut Niantic, Connecticut, Groton, Connecticut, New London, Connecticut, Waterford, Connecticut