Sr Program ManagerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number198899 Category Administration, IT, Management, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Sr. Program Manager will play an essential role to the success of the strategy to become a fully agile and vital organization. The role will be committed to our agile pods; coaching and orchestrating the execution of multiple initiatives of varying size, scope and complexity within the Commercial portfolio in close coordination with the Liquidity Business. The Sr. Program Manager is a servant leader responsible guiding and driving multiple agile pods to deliver on and achieve predetermined goals and results in alignment with the organization’s stated strategy.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Understand and drive agile values, practices and principles and can guide and coach teams, and the organization
- Guide and coach delivery teams to self-organize and achieve objectives, without assigning or dictating the work in partnership with an agile coach
- Facilitate all agile ceremonies efficiently to help team realize the value of the meetings
- Scope, plan and oversee programs through the entire life cycle, ensuring delivery to time, cost and quality. This includes ensuring that the solution is capable of enabling the business to achieve benefit realization as well as demonstrating understanding of the organizational impact of change
- Ensure each program adheres to the governance required by Program Office including the maintenance of full documentation and the existence of a fully-supported Workgroup as appropriate to each program
- Build and Manage relationships with key stakeholders up to a senior level to understand the context and impact of the program to the business line and ensure all stakeholders views are managed towards the best solution for all business areas impacted
- Provides program management expertise and leads key program work streams, working with the full program life cycle, following program Governance processes within agreed timescales to Time, Cost and Quality
Creates and fosters a climate of adding value in delivering programs by striving for excellence and contributing to the overall development of Change Management
Manages Change Management and allocated business program resources
Maintain and develop knowledge of program methodologies and a professional network of contacts, sharing knowledge and best practice where appropriate to support continuous improvement
Establish and build relationships across Commercial platform to facilitate achievement of strategic goals maintaining momentum throughout the program lifecycle
Collaborate with others on Program team, identifying internal / external resources required to deliver the program
- 10-12 years of Program and Vendor Management experience
- 8-10 years in a Leadership role with people management responsibilities.
- A clear understanding of agile methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Possess great leadership skills to motivate agile teams
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of facilitation techniques, servant leadership, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills and experience in sprint & release planning, running demos and retrospectives.
- In-depth knowledge and proven application of Project Management methodologies and full project lifecycle including documentation standards, risk, issue, assumption and dependency management and change controls process
- Familiarity with process modeling, workshop facilitation and business analysis
- Knowledge of the current business operating model and supporting systems / applications including structures and key Citizens processes and procedures a plus.
- Knowledge of banking products and terminology
- Competent use of Atlassian Jira and Microsoft Office applications to include Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to create and foster a climate of adding value in delivering projects by striving for excellence and contributing to the overall development of Change Management
- Flexibility to work on a variety of projects and teams within Business Change Management
- There may be a requirement for travel within the US
- Clear thinker able to work through issues and escalate only when appropriate
- Identify the impact of project deliverables on the customer and ensure these fully support the customer proposition
- Maximize the customer experience and minimize risk and cost of change
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- PMI PMP Certification is highly preferred
- Lean / Six Sigma / Process improvement experience a plus
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Agile Project Manager (IAPM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Certification Institute
- Scaled Agile Academy
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M - F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.