Johnston, Rhode Island; Westwood, Massachusetts; New York, New York; Boston, Massachusetts; Stamford, Connecticut
Req. Number: 224868
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
The successful candidate will be a member of the Litigation and Employment Law Practice Group within the Citizens Bank Legal Department. This group manages a majority of Litigation filed by and against the Bank across the national footprint. This position will report to the Litigation Manager who reports to the Deputy General Counsel for Litigation and Employment Law.
- Collect data and documentation from a multitude of sources and individuals to support the initial investigation into allegations stated in a complaint or demand.
- Summarize the complaint and information collected sufficient to:
- Open new matters in the matter management platform
- Prepare first draft of a legal hold
- Prepare executive level summary for the Litigation Manager
- Prepare necessary documentation to be reviewed by a group of relevant stakeholders
- Assist in ensuring the matter management platform remains current for a docket of approximately 200 matters
- Assist in the updating of several reports to various business lines
- Assist with the collection of documentation and information sufficient to respond to discovery and contested subpoenas
- Liaise between in-house Litigation team, internal Forensics Department and external Bank counsel, to craft concise e-Discovery search parameters related to litigation and internal and external Legal Department investigations
- As needed, perform first line review of culled data for responsiveness and privilege using e-Discovery platform
- Assist In-House Counsel or Litigation Manager with day-to-day case management to ensure deadlines and milestones are adhered to
- With the assistance of In-house Counsel or the Litigation manager, dispose of certain demands and complaints prior to the assignment of external Bank Counsel
- Participate in ad hoc projects
- Complete understanding of the litigation and arbitration lifecycle as well as the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM)
- Must be detailed oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks, establish priorities and track deadlines
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work well in a team environment as well as independently
- All facets of online research and ability to learn proprietary applications
- Proficient with M-365
- A strict adherence to confidentiality
- Minimum of 7 + years as a Litigation Paralegal for a law firm or an in-house legal department, preferably with exposure to banking litigation and regulations, though not required
Education, Certifications/Other Professional Credentials
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university, or 10 + years of equivalent experience with the demonstrated ability to accept progressively more complex assignments
- Paralegal Certificate preferred, though not required
- Hours per Week: 40 Hours
- Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- Citizens Banker Elkins Park Gardens, Pennsylvania Elkins Park Gardens, Pennsylvania
- Citizens Teller New London, Connecticut; Old Lyme, Connecticut; Westbrook Center, Connecticut New London, Connecticut, Old Lyme, Connecticut, Westbrook Center, Connecticut
- CSI Principal Control Anlyst Johnston, Rhode Island Johnston, Rhode Island