Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk AppetiteLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number214739 Category Risk Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Senior Manager of Non-Financial Risk Methodology & Framework is responsible for the ownership, design, operationalization, and advancement of Citizens Risk Appetite Framework, including its relationship with related programs, processes, and governance routines.
There is a demand to further integrate risk appetite concepts and content into other relevant programs and processes, so the information can be used to promote risk-informed strategic decisions at all levels. This is a high-visibility role in the Second Line of Defense (2LOD) and will work extensively with senior leaders in the front-line business, front-line risk, and second line of defense to ensure the Framework is effectively implemented, aligned to relevant regulatory guidance, and fit for Citizens’ business and risk management needs. Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Risk Appetite Framework: maintaining, maturing, and educating stakeholders on the Risk Appetite Framework and its component artifacts;
- Enterprise Risk Tolerance: coordinate with Treasury/Capital Management to develop and maintain a statistical methodology expressing the aggregate risk exposure (as a notional amount of loss) the Bank is prepared to tolerate through the economic cycle;
- Governance: managing the annual refresh and any “off-cycle” changes/approvals to the Enterprise Risk Appetite Statement and Division-level risk tolerance metrics;
- Reporting: coordinating with reporting and oversight teams to produce monthly and quarterly reports for management and governance bodies, up to the Board level;
- Oversight: work with oversight teams to provide ongoing review and challenge of risk appetite metrics and limits as well as breach reporting and mitigation actions; and
- Analysis: align risk appetite information with other risk programs such as the Material Risk Identification (MRI) process, Key Risk Indicator (KRI) development and monitoring, strategic and annual operating planning, capital and liquidity stress testing and planning, new business initiative risk assessments, and scenario planning.
- 8+ years of relevant and progressive experience within the banking industry, corporate finance, risk consulting, financial services, and/or regulatory agency
- Familiarity with banking risk management, risk categories (credit, market, liquidity, operational, reputational, strategic, etc.), metrics, and their interdependencies
- Strong financial literacy, including familiarity with banking finance functions and activities (e.g., treasury, capital management, credit risk management, stress testing)
- Strong collaboration skills and executive presence, including the ability to build relationships, influence stakeholders to drive change, facilitate discussions with senior leaders, and diplomatically build consensus across diverse audiences/viewpoints
- Excellent communication skills and experience producing high-quality materials for senior management, Board, and regulatory consumption, including an ability to synthesize complex topics into succinct language for diverse audiences
- Inquisitiveness, including an ability to ask exploratory questions to draw out information and probe/challenge people to ensure the input is well-supported
- Analytic experience, to include evaluating if metrics are fit for purpose, using data to spot early warning signs, and understand relationships between related metrics/data
- Project management, including an ability to set expectations, prioritize deliverables, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, and drive projects to timely completion
- Bachelor Degree Required
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.