Johnston, Rhode Island; Charlotte, North Carolina; New York, New York; Glen Allen, Virginia
Job ID: 29367
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Senior Auditor - Consumer Compliance
The Internal Audit team at Citizens is hiring a Consumer Compliance Senior Auditor on our Integrated Regulatory Compliance Team. The candidate will assist in the preparation and execution of compliance audits, including the evaluation of controls for compliance with fair lending and consumer protection-related laws (i.e. ADA, FCRA, HMDA, MLA, SCRA, TRID, UDAAP, etc.).
The Internal Audit team is made up of over 100 skilled professionals with the mission of consistently providing the Board, Audit Committee, Shareholders, and Executive Management with an independent and objective view of the effectiveness of the bank’s regulatory control environment, risk management practices, and culture.
The Senior Auditor will:
- Identify risks and controls in key businesses and develop test work to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls.
- Perform detailed test work, applying bank, industry, and regulatory guidance when assessing business line practices and procedures.
- Produce clear, complete, concise, and well-organized workpapers in accordance with Internal Audit’s Methodology.
- Collaborate across the larger Internal Audit team to support the assessment of compliance related risk in bank businesses.
- Execute certain routine team responsibilities, such as performance of continuous monitoring activities, team.
- 3-5 years of experience with an internal audit function, compliance, or relevant experience with and knowledge of consumer compliance regulatory requirements
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously utilizing planning and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively build and manage relationships with stakeholders, including Compliance and Legal
- Ability to train and develop junior team members
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CRCM certification preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
- Hours per Week: 40
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Citizens we value diversity, equity and inclusion, and treat everyone with respect and professionalism. Employment decisions are based solely on experience, performance, and ability. Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies (Citizens) provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability, perceived disability or history or record of a disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits