Sourcing Commodity LeadLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Job ID/ Req. Number196192 Category Corporate Banking Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Citizens Bank is currently in the process of delivering a transformed sourcing experience to the business. In this role as a Sourcing professional, you will be armed with key spend data, forward looking market intelligence and a fully integrated source to pay process enabling you to be a strong strategic partner with business line executives. This will help you drive shorter cycle times, increased market intelligence, higher level strategic discussions and increased savings opportunities.
The Sourcing Commodity Lead will report to the Sourcing Commodity Manager in Strategic Sourcing within Procurement. The successful candidate will partner with business owners to identify market and economic trend opportunities and execute against them to continually improve the value derived from third party relationships. The Sourcing Commodity Lead will exhibit strong business acumen with a proven track record for success within transformational sourcing environments. Primary focus is to align with the business lines in a way that generates positive impact to them achieving their business goals, while optimizing value to the overall organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing against comprehensive commodity and sourcing strategies for strategic/complex negotiations. Ability to negotiate, including red-lining, all types of corporate transactions contracting including an Agile contracting framework.
- Creating and developing strong working relationships with key internal and external partners up to Executive levels to play a role in strategic projects that support the commodity.
- Leading cross-functional teams to execute sourcing initiatives including the competitive bidding process and contract negotiations.
- Maintaining close relations with the industry supply base and industry experts with the objective to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Utilizing analytical thinking and tools to identify new benefits generation; prioritizing projects to ensure demonstrated impact to the business.
- Strong expertise in at least one of the following commodities: Digital Marketing, Technology/Infrastructure, Consumer Technology, Operations, Cyber Security, Professional Services, or Payments and/or Lending
- 7 or more years of relevant experience in sourcing and contract negotiation, preferable in highly regulated industry (Financial Services preferred), including managed services contracts, cloud services and SaaS deals.
- Experience leading complex sourcing engagements using best practice 7-step sourcing process (or equivalent) with advanced negotiation skills.
- Proven success with building and progressing stakeholder relationships at senior levels of the organization.
- Strong consulting, project management and analytics skills with proven success in root cause analysis.
- Knowledge of Ariba, Oracle, and advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required, MBA preferred
- Legal background preferred
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.