Security EngineerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number215942-1 Category Technology, Risk Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
As a Security Engineer, you will work alongside a group of talented engineers as you pursue a broad range of initiatives. By leveraging your technical skills and thirst for innovation, you will produce automation capabilities that will increase productivity. As a future leader, you will work on multiple solutions spanning our Corporate Security and Resiliency organization.
Our preference is that the chosen individual will work in our Johnston office with flexibility to work from home in a hybrid capacity as needed.
The Security Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing, modifying, developing and implementing technology solutions; building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals.
- Participating in an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your teammates.
- Infusing quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Documenting development iterations; ensuring the quality of technical documentation; creating progress reports.
- Participating in code and design reviews with network, infrastructure and solutions engineering teams to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards.
RequiredExperience and Skills:
- 2 years of experience in software development, with a proven record of successfully launching products
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Understanding of the banking industry
- Familiarity with security domains including Cryptography, Identity and Access Management, SIEM, Data Protection and Network Security
- Experience with collecting requirements, creating software designs and developing efficient implementations
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Bash and Linux experience
- Familiarity with full-stack development
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect
- Understand data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc.
Education and Certifications
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Work: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.