First Line Risk Sr Manager
Johnston, Rhode Island
Req. Number: 224644
Full/Part Time: F
Shift: 1st Shift
As the First Line Risk Senior Manager, you will represent the First Line of Defense and identify and mitigate potential risks through the identification, management, and mitigation of the risk and controls environment supporting Consumer Loan and Deposit Operations. You will serve as a liaison, interfacing with business partners to drive meaningful reductions in risk. You will provide and direct complex analysis on product and customer strategies to establish risk thresholds. This role will be responsible for proactively reviewing, analyzing, and identifying emerging risks, escalating to the Risk Team Manager/Director of First Line Risk where appropriate. You will work with the Risk Team Manager to adhere to internal governance processes and controls for existing and new risk strategies, and provide suggestion for remediation. You will lead change control efforts to ensure impacts are appropriately assessed, documented, and implemented. You will work closely with Compliance officers to ensure that your team is up to date and in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. You will play a key role in determining how compliance matters are handled. You will also work with the First Line Risk Manager to initiate investigations into control failures and related issues. Additionally, this role will have some oversight of pilot programs, products, and strategies. You will support the Modern Operating Model working with agile development methodologies. You will support an agile mindset across Consumer Operations teams to drive continuous improvement across the organization.
- Support the identification, measurement, and mitigation of material risks in the organization. Support various business line projects to address specific risk issues, working with business leaders to analyze and quantify risks, assess solutions or mitigation activities, and develop remediation plans. Support agile methodologies communicating with business partners, stakeholders and neighborhood leads to ensure timely execution of initiatives.
- Implement and support internal governance processes. Provide Risk point of view on strategies, driving change where appropriate.
- Synthesize data and reporting; perform analysis and bring valuable business insights through evaluation of data in relation to risk and control management strategies.
- Reviews current policies and procedures to identify process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Promote a culture of risk awareness and accountability through training, education, and risk management consultative support.
- 6-8 years experience in Risk Management, Audit, or Compliance
- Prior experience implementing and supporting enterprise wide Risk programs
- Experience with Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC) platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory and legislative guidelines
- Extensive experience managing projects including planning, implementation, and reporting
- Demonstrated interpersonal relationship building and team facilitation skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree OR at least 5 years of work experience
Hours and Work Schedule: 3 days in office 2 remote
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Some job boards have started using jobseeker-reported data to estimate salary ranges for roles. If you apply and qualify for this role, a recruiter will discuss accurate pay guidance.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, maternity/paternity leave, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.View Benefits
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.
Citizens is committed to ensuring that all interested candidates can successfully participate in our recruitment process. If you are an individual with a disability or require a reasonable accommodation, please see our Job Seeker Help policy.
- Citizens Banker Elkins Park Gardens, Pennsylvania Elkins Park Gardens, Pennsylvania
- Citizens Teller New London, Connecticut; Old Lyme, Connecticut; Westbrook Center, Connecticut New London, Connecticut, Old Lyme, Connecticut, Westbrook Center, Connecticut
- CSI Principal Control Anlyst Johnston, Rhode Island Johnston, Rhode Island