Risk Senior SpecialistLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Job ID/ Req. Number194252 Category Compliance Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Through partnership with Risk Managers, the Senior Specialist position is primarily responsible for assessing and executing the control monitoring program for multiple complex processes. The Senior Specialist will work within established timelines to deliver control self-testing and key risk indicator monitoring, which are significant to determining control environment effectiveness. Assess material controls, monitor and evaluate proper escalation procedures are in place to ensure compliance with key rules and regulations.
Primary responsibilities include:
The input of control monitoring results into the system of record, aggregation of the outputs of control monitoring results for management’s use, delivery of analysis on the aggregated results that summarizes key issues and recommended actions.
Additional activities are required to assist with presenting results of testing and analysis to business line management, support exam management through delivery of control monitoring documentation and related analysis.
In instances where issues have been identified, conduct testing and determine if enhanced controls are effective to support issue closure.
Participate in the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process, creation and validation of process maps which reflect key business line processes and related controls.
Based on RCSA output, partner with subject matter experts to create new tests, refresh existing tests, retire tests and develop key risk indicators (KRIs) based on areas of material risks.
Further, the role will act as a technical expert in support of one or more critical business processes.
As part, the Senior Specialist will be the primary point of contact for the matter topic and responsible for providing guidance and support to the front line units. The Senior Specialist will be responsible for supporting other business line related activities.
Develops procedures for performance of a variety of duties or performs complex duties within established policy guidelines; responsible for a defined set of assignments, e.g., record-keeping activities for the department; is expected to determine and create necessary procedures to set priorities and meet specific goals and objectives of the function.
- 2+ Risk management experience gained from working in financial services industry, relevant work experience or coursework
- 2+ Experience in Internal Audit, Compliance, or Risk Management
- Experience in an organization that is under strong regulatory oversight and scrutiny, particularly within Commercial Banking
- Intermediate knowledge of internal controls and risk assessment
- Knowledge of Information Systems; and key processes, controls and exposure areas a plus
- Experience delivering under tight deadlines while maintaining quality standards
- Advanced business writing skills. Ability to standardize message for various levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint and Visio
- Skill in process flow mapping
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or relative experience
- Certifications or Licensees Preferred: Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.