Resilience and Continuity Specialist - Disaster Recovery Execution TeamLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number210656 Category Corporate Banking Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Resilience and Continuity Specialist role holder will serve as a subject matter expert within the Business Resilience organization and will provide advice and guidance in line with policy and requirements. The chosen individual will understand, prioritize and assist with developing, implementing and governing solutions to identify, reduce and close gaps between risk appetite and current risk position while ensuring alignment with the Business Continuity Policy.
This member of the Disaster Recovery Execution Team will actively identify and manage risks across Citizens Bank and in accordance with bank policy, through daily activities and established risk assessment processes - ensuring risks are properly evaluated, recorded and mitigating action plans are monitored to completion.
Primary responsibilities include to:
- Provide advisory, consultancy and delivery services to improve the disaster recovery environment and minimize the risk and impact to the organization due to a loss of technology resulting from a disaster.
- Support the planning, execution, and governance for all disaster recovery testing conducted to ensure that it supports the expectations of the organization and validates that the recovery capability meets business expectations.
- Provide oversight and governance for new project deployments to ensure the architectures being deployed support the Disaster Recovery minimum policy requirements for DR testing capability.
- Ensure applications/systems deployed into the Cloud comply with policy requirements.
- Support the Business Resilience agile pod deliverables.
- Develop and maintaining relationships across all levels of the organization and provide business continuity advice and guidance in line with Business Continuity policy.
- 4 or more years of Disaster Recovery compliance experience within a complex technology environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of direct experience with Cloud architectures and how those deployments are managed for Disaster Recovery and IT Resilience capabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the design, development, or support of technical solutions across a variety of platforms supporting the business’ stated Disaster Recovery Time Objectives (DRTOs)
- Understanding of the AWS cloud architecture and how that architecture directly or indirectly impacts the DR testing of associated on premise datacenter applications.
- Understanding of a hybrid cloud infrastructure environment.
- Understanding of technology recovery planning, DR exercising, technology risk analysis, and /or execution of DR through a declared event.
- Ability to provide technical knowledge and independent challenge on all aspects of disaster recovery governance.
- Experience or knowledge of IT Systems Development and / or IT Systems Operations and Support
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, willing to take on challenges
- Excellent PC Skills (Microsoft Office suite, including MS Project, Visio, and O365)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Project management experience a plus
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Business Continuity certification a plus
- Disaster Recovery certification a plus
- Project Management certification a plus
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM (weekends as necessary)
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.