Real Estate Risk ReviewerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number214740 Category Risk Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
To conduct independent commercial real estate appraisal reviews on high complexity/risk properties; perform valuation and real estate risk consulting (including (DCF) analysis) to the various commercial lending functions throughout the Bank. The Real Estate Risk Reviewer will be assigned to larger exposure, more complex property types typically resulting in greater risk to the bank, whereby the reliance on experience is critical to identify major issues in order to protect the bank’s collateral position.
- Manage risks associated with the commercial real estate appraisal and evaluation process for a given geographic market and/or assigned lending groups
- Management may include administrative supervision and required process oversight, including adherence to internal policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance and appraisal industry requirements for assignments
- Conducting independent commercial real estate appraisal reviews on high complexity/risk properties and performing valuation and real estate risk consulting (including discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis) to the various commercial lending functions throughout the Bank
- Will be assigned to larger exposure, more complex property types typically resulting in greater risk to the bank, whereby the reliance on experience is critical to identify major issues in order to protect the bank’s collateral position
- May also include scoping of commercial appraisal/evaluation assignments
- Selection of appraisal/evaluation vendors
- Review of appraisal/evaluation reports
- Managing vendor relationships
- Drafting of review memoranda summarizing comments on the quality of appraisal/evaluation reports
- Issuing value opinions
- Supervision of related administration and support functions and/or junior reviewer staff
- Minimum 5 years experience as a bank staff appraisal reviewer or diversified commercial appraisal experience
- 5 or more years experience in fee appraisal and/or appraisal review positions and may either maintain or be pursuing their (MAI) designation
- Thorough knowledge of real estate appraisal and valuations techniques as well as local, regional and national real estate market understanding
- Must have strong market knowledge
- Thorough understanding of USPAP, FIRREA and Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages, particularly discounted cash flow software and related industry applications
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Flexibility and willingness to assume responsibilities for projects and tasks assigned by management
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Ability to work autonomously with limited direct supervision.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree or Greater
- Certified General Real Estate Appraiser or equivalent appraisal experience
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.