Principal Software EngineerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number211962 Category Digital Technology, Data Science & Engineering, Technology, IT, Software Engineering & Cloud, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to implement the next generation of Commercial Banking solutions. The role requires a start-up mentality and a passion for using technology to solve complex business problems. As Principal Software Engineer, you will serve as a peer-leader tasked with persuing cutting-edge innitiatives and solutions. This is a hands-on position that requires proficiency in multiple programming languages (Java, C#, Python), expertise with Single Page Applications (Angular/React/Vue), and experience building cloud-native platforms. You will be given the autonomy to lead, design and develop innovative solutions to solve some of the biggest technical issues facing the banking industry.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development, with proven experience in developing and supporting commercial software products and services which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor software engineers
- Knowledge of two or more of following languages: Java, C#, Python, C++.
- 2 years of loud computing experience (preferably AWS) including certifications (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect)
- Mastery of at least one front end framework (Angular/React/Vue)
- Expertise in service technologies (microservices, domain driven design, Spring Boot, REST, GraphQL)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years of experience in the financial services industry - understanding of banking system and operations
- Experience with RDMS as well as NoSQL/NewSQL/BigData databases
- Experience working with highly automated CI/CD pipelines
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.