Principal Software EngineerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number199854 Category IT, Digital Technology, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Principal Software Engineer will be responsible for leading the integration, design, implementation, development, test and support of Cash Management & Digital systems. The Principal Software Engineer will play a key role in engagements that capture current state business requirements and use that knowledge to realize innovative solutions. This opportunity is a “hands on” position that will serve as a bridge between business, architecture and technology teams.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, test and support integrated system solutions and components
- Participate in an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Propose and realize alternative innovative solution options via POCs (proof of concept), prototypes and MVPs (minimal viable product)
- Collaborate and contribute insight to solution design ideation, ensuring both the success of the product and adherence to enterprise architecture principles
- Originate and apply reusable practices and artifacts for strategic technologies
- Design, modify, develop and implement software solutions. Build modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals.
- Infuse quality of service characteristics, such as scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Execute requirement and design activities as required to guide projects through scoping, analysis, development and deployment
- Serve as a peer-leader, encouraging a culture of innovation and accountability while adhering to Agile best practices.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation, maintenance and support
- Employ industry best practices to evaluate, correct and prevent vulnerabilities during the software development process.
- Interview subject matter experts to gather information about existing systems and services
- Support projects through architecture reviews and approval processes (e.g. Architecture Review Board)
Technical Leadership & Solution Delivery
- Full Stack Engineer with experience integrating and building end to end quality products, enabling business capability and business objectives through technology
- Ensure detailed design and implementation align with solution architecture, functional and non-functional requirements
- Assure non-functional operational requirements are considered (e.g. automation, monitoring, performance measurement)
- Insure sprint/project plans reflects all required technical tasks related to the domain
- Champion technology solutions to business partners, technology teams and senior management
- 7+ years of hands-on software development, with proven experience in developing and supporting commercial software products which were sold to non-technical customers in vertical markets
- Familiarity with commercial banking products and operations
- Experience implementing technology solutions in Financial Services
- Experience working with virtual teams composed of business and technology resources
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize activities
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience working with the design, integration and/or support of vendor packages within an overall enterprise architecture
- Knowledge of Java, .NET, Oracle Database, SQL Server Database, SaaS, PaaS and DaaS
- Experience working with Agile Processes, CI/CD Practices and Tools
- Experience working with architecture perspectives and roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor software engineers
- 5+ years experience in querying, analyzing and managing big data
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Bash and Linux experience
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Cloud certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect
- Understand data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc.
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Full Time 1st Shift M - F (Some Weekends)
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.