Principal Software EngineerLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number198920 Category IT, Digital Technology, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
Citizens Bank is seeking exciting and seasoned software developers to join our Consumer Technology team and be part of our technology and digital transformation journey.
As a seasoned software engineer, you will work alongside and mentor a group of talented engineers as you pursue a broad range of initiatives from technology modernization and digital transformation leveraging cloud, big data, data science and CICD engineering. By leveraging your leadership and technical skills and thirst for innovation, you will produce disruptive technologies that will ensure Citizens market leadership. As a future leader, you will work on multiple solutions spanning our consumer banking applications.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design, modify, develop and implement technology solutions; build modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet mission-driven strategic business goals
- Participate in an environment rapidly transforming to the Agile methodology, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Infuse quality of service characteristics, such as security, scalability, manageability and maintainability, into distributed service-based framework to create or expand business or technical capabilities.
- Document development iterations; ensure the quality of technical documentation; create progress reports
- Participate in code and design reviews with network, infrastructure and solutions engineering teams to ensure that solutions meet current enterprise standards
- 7+ years of expert experience in software development
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Deep expertise data structure concepts such as linked lists, dictionaries, arrays, custom object creation, etc.
- Understanding of the banking industry, specifically the functions of custodial and consumer banking
- Experienced business partner collaborator and engineering leadership in evangelizing innovative engineering solutions collecting requirements, integrated architecture design and developing efficient implementations
Data Science feature engineering with deep knowledge in Regression, Clustering, Gradient Boosting, Random Forest, NLP, NLU or equivalent algorithms
- AWS/AZURE/GCP certification or rich relevant experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Bash and Linux experience
- Familiarity with full-stack development
- Experience with CICD pipeline (Jenkins/Bitbucket, Bamboo, CircleCI, Selenium, or equivalent)
Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M - F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.