Principal ArchitectLocation Johnston, Rhode Island Req. Number197290 Category IT, Corporate Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
The Automation Principal Architect is a strategic individual contributor reporting to the Manager of Software Engineering, Technology Services, who will play a lead role in developing a community of practice, governance, interoperability, foundational capability and architecture patterns that enable the evolution of the bank’s suite of automation products. This person will develop, document, and communicate an architecture that meets critical architectural quality attributes such as performance, scalability, reliability, security, maintainability, usability, and interoperability. This person will have a DevOps mindset, enabling a Continuous Delivery pipeline. Further, the candidate will develop and evolve the end to end automation strategy to include work-flow, business process, OCR and AI/ML capabilities. The Principal Architect collaborates with groups consisting of developers and business stakeholders providing technical guidance and leadership on the solution to be delivered. The Principal Architect is a key member of the development team and will be responsible for delivering the solution and ensuring that all development meets the required standards and follows industry best practice. This person will also help instill the strategic vision, fundamentals, and best practices necessary for creating world-class systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain architecture blueprints that articulate the bank’s platform, product interoperability, and strategy, future state architecture, and multiyear execution road map.
- Deep understanding of data modeling and analytics, caching, security, REST APIs, infrastructure automation, cloud services, Integration , jBPM, Robotic Process Automation (attended and unattended), containerization, SQL and no-SQL databases, Full Stack architecture, Artificial Intelligence and Workflow automation.
- Collaborate with other architects and business stakeholders to create and document standards and patterns that can be leveraged for future re-use, and actively seek opportunities to leverage industry solutions for new business offerings and services.
- Serve as a trusted adviser to leaders and business stakeholders in the development of the strategic portfolio or business unit plans.
- Provides comprehensive analytical and critical thinking to ensure transformation costs, impact and value are properly understood estimated and controlled across people, process and technology.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, industry consultants and senior company leadership to continuously learn and identify opportunities to advance on our business strategy.
- Collaborate with teams across the bank to understand requirements and constraints in the platform, communicate in a coherent and concise manner to the team and obtain buy in for the proposed solution as well as raise awareness of potential risks. S/He should identify risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
- Create contextual and conceptual models that document complex topics.
- Create documentation that demonstrates the architecture meets performance, scalability, reliability, security, maintainability, usability, and interoperability requirements.
- With focus on end to end automation: analyze tools, lead tool comparisons, options analysis and make objective recommendations based on data.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in a Senior Architect role with deep exposure to software and hardware technology stacks.
- Architecture Enterprise Framework Certifications with good knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks like TOGAF, Zachmans and DODAF.
- Knowledge of industry leading attended and unattended automation software products such as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UI Path and other similar product suites.
- Ability to perform business use case mapping against technology.
- Practical experience defining and developing APIs.
- Familiarity with SaaS and PaaS platforms.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning, AI.
- Database architecture and query tuning techniques (SQLServer / Oracle).
- The ability to influence and negotiate technology strategy needs, recommendations and go forward plans against business needs is a must.
- Some experience in 3GL and 4GL languages is a plus.
- Practical experience developing native cloud-based applications is a plus.
Education, Certification and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in Computer Science or related field
- Automation or Business Process Management certifications are a plus
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M - F
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens Bank is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective subsidiaries.