Lease Analyst (Work at Home)Location Virginia Req. Number207321 Category Corporate Banking, Remote Opportunities Full/Part Time F Shift 1st Shift
- Review new leases, amendments, assignments, terminations and other lease documents – prepare and/or review accurate and detailed lease abstracts including all critical dates and financial requirements, and resolution of lease compliance issues.
- Process lease documents and circulate to accounting department for approval and posting of monthly recurring charges, CPI increases, and any miscellaneous billings/adjustments related to rent.
- Coordinate and follow up with the Transaction Managers and/or Property Managers regarding the verification of building square footage, unit changes, rent commencement, move-in/out forms, holdover, major tenant information, Certificates of Insurance and other portfolio issues.
- Partner with Construction and Property Management Departments on Tenant Improvement projects to monitor work completion for critical dates and the triggering of lease commencement/rent commencement.
- Maintain the integrity of the lease abstract database and coordinate all aspects of the lease administration process, including regular review of reports to ensure accuracy of lease data.
- Manage tenant contacts to update name and/or address change requests by reviewing and interpreting lease provisions and preparing documentation, if needed.
- Prepare correspondence in conjunction with the processing of lease documents.
- Work on special projects that may arise within the Lease Administration department.
- Interact and work closely with Asset Management, Property Management, AR/Collections, Construction and Accounting.
- 1 year experience interpreting complex commercial lease language related to real estate documentation.
- Relevant experience in a fast paced, multi-project, operational environment
- Knowledge of accounting, especially the treatment of real estate expenses under GAAP and FASB.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented and results – oriented with a desire to learn and support new technologies and processes
- Dependable & reliable
- Ability to work independently, and as well as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, in lieu of degree experience in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent relevant Lease Admin
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.